"Let us know if you need an emergency pick-up." Echo added.

"We will. Come on kids."

Waving goodbye, the four of them set off through the swaying grasslands.

~

Cal had travelled to many unique planets during the war with his master, yet there was something about Lothal's capital that excited him. A plethora of species passed them, some of which Cal recognised, some he'd never even glimpsed before. The whitewashed buildings melded into the path and rickety market stalls lined the streets. Cal kept his fingers crossed that they didn't stick out too much. He instinctively shuffled closer to Hunter when a pair of stormtroopers passed them.

"Down here." Kanan muttered, leading the group left, towards the houses, still holding Ezra. Cal had no idea how Kanan was still carrying the baby, his arms must be killing him.

Kanan suddenly stopped in front of a house and stared at it. To Cal, it just looked like another house, but Kanan was transfixed on it, as if it were a palace.

"This is it." Kanan announced. Balancing Ezra on the crook of his elbow, Kanan swiftly knocked on the door. Omega moved to his right and Cal flanked his left.

The door opened and a woman stood in the doorway. Her purple eyes were rimmed with red, likely from crying, and held nothing but despair. She had a copper complexion and wore a lilac and silver dress and headpiece.

"Mrs Bridger?" Hunter asked.

The woman merely nodded. "What do you want? I haven't done anything."

"We're not with the Empire. We came to find you because of Ezra." Kanan explained, holding out the baby.

Mrs Bridger blinked rapidly and stared at her child. With a sob, she gently lifted him into her arms, a smile of pure joy spreading across her face, her eyes lighting up with hope.

"Ezra."

A fresh wave of tears began pouring down her cheeks as she held Ezra close to her chest. Ezra cooed happily, delighted to be back with his mother.

"Mira, who's there?" a muffled male voice called from inside the house.

Wiping her tears away, Mira smiled gratefully at the group. "Thank you so much. Please, come inside."

"Thank you ma'am, but we should get back to our ship before we're spotted." Hunter refused politely.

"Please, I insist. It's the least I could do." Mira pleaded.

Hunter sighed. "All right, but not too long. I don't want to endanger anyone."

Nodding, Mira turned and led them inside. "Ephriam! Look who's here!"

A man, who Cal assumed was Ezra's father, climbed out of a circular hole in the floor. Ephriam Bridger was a grown-up version of Ezra, same dark blue hair, same mischievous spark in his eyes, which instantly filled with joy at the sight of his son.

"Ezra!" Ephriam ran over and scooped his son into his arms, Ezra babbling deafeningly.

Watching the little family reunite sparked a warm fuzzy feeling in Cal's stomach, knowing he'd helped in bringing them back together.

"Thank you so much," Ephriam smiled gratefully at them. "How can we possibly repay you?"

"There's no need sir. We simply did our duty and are glad that Ezra is safe." Hunter declined.

"Are you aware that Ezra is Force-sensitive?" Kanan asked.

The couple's delighted expressions dimmed slightly and they exchanged a look.

"Ezra can wield the Force? That's why the troopers took him?" Mira questioned.

"Yes. The Empire intended to make him into one of their agents." Cal explained.

Ephriam's grip on Ezra tightened protectively.

Hunter's comm beeped behind him and Tech's voice crackled through.

'Hunter, a light cruiser has just dropped out of hyperspace. Time to leave.'

"Copy that." Hunter approached the Bridgers and handed them something. "Should you need us, this is our comm channel."

"Thank you." Mira slipped it into her pocket.

Hunter opened the door and quickly checked the street. "All clear."

"May the Force be with you." Kanan smiled sadly and followed Hunter outside.

~

Cal sighed contently as he reclined in the seat in the gunner's mount, BD chilling on his lap. They'd managed to sneak back to the Marauder without provoking a fight with the stormtroopers and the ship was en-route to the planet Ord Mantell, where the Batch had been hiding out. It was strangely quiet without Ezra's giggles or cries. Kanan had been unusually silent since they'd left Lothal and looked as though he was barely paying attention to his and Omega's game of dejarik, which had been his idea in the first place. Cal knew it was because he was missing Ezra.

Placing BD on his shoulder, Cal slid off the chair, jumped past the ladder and sat beside Kanan on the floor. Wordlessly, he placed a hand on his shoulder and moved one of Kanan's pieces to destroy one of Omegas'.

"Hey! You're not playing!" Omega complained.

Cal shrugged. "Everyone's always saying how brilliant you are at dejarik, so why shouldn't you play against both of us, right Kanan?"

The former had perked up at Cal's words and grinned mischievously. "Yeah, why not? It would be a pleasure to beat you."

Smirking, Omega reset the board.

"Game on."