Chapter Two: The Start

A month later and Idris was taking a pregnancy test after many attempts at conceiving. He paced back and forth in the bathroom waiting for the test to beep, reading either Pregnant or Not Pregnant.

They were already in their Exum home; with a room for Adam and Idris, Rowan, a nursery, and one for Percy and the hybrid who had finally decided on Callan after many- many suggestions by Percy.

Adam nodded on the door before he entered, "How do you feel?"

"Nauseous.....hopeful." Idris smiled slightly.

He jumped as the test beeped and immediately grabbed it to look.

PREGNANT; It read it big bold letters

"Yes!" He shouted happily, "pregnancy number 20 is hereby offical."

Idris hugged Adam and showed his the test. Adam smiled widely and kissed Idris, "I love you so much, Idris Orion. You've made my life so much happier. "

"Mine is worth living because of you.... to think about a time when all I could think about was if I should have been executed. I'm free now and our third baby is on the way....Percy is almost grown now. It's been so long...."

"You almost died many times, helped so many families- species as well. "

"MOM!!"

They heard Percy yell from across the house and Idris came running. He found Percy in his room with his pants unbuttoned and hand on the zipper.

"They won't button it and these are my biggest pair..." Percy looked like he was about to cry.

"I can give you some sweatpants to wear until we can go to the store for some maternity clothes in your size.... Where's Callan?

Percy looked over to the bathroom, "he's in the shower. I just got out. "

Idris nodded, he felt for a moment only to come back with a cardboard box; "these were my clothes when I was just released to the PRHQ. They should fit you decently. Some sweatpants and some shirts, there's even some maternity jeans in here Adam got for me. "

Percy took the box, "Mom, what if I don't want to do this.... there was so many eggs that thing put inside of me....definitely more than 10....I can't handle a dozen kids....."

Callan came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist, rubbing his hair with another to dry it off.

"I heard you yell....is everything okay?" He asked.

Percy looked at Callan and started crying. His emotions had been all over the place for the past week and he was scared right now. He was only a month and had a small pooch already. How many kids exactly would he have after all this was said and done.

Idris was holding Percy close, "he's afraid. It was a big clutch apparently."

"That's..... you won't have that many children to worry about if that's what's bothering you. Most of the eggs won't even hatch. Maybe one or two out of the whole lot."

Percy sighed, "that's good... but I still have to carry them?"

"Unfortunately." Callan frowned.

Percy took a deep breathe, "for how long?"

"About 11 more months...a full year gestation period. I'm... I'm really sorry this happened to you. If I'd gotten there just a little sooner...

Idris kissed Percy's forehead, "Why don't you to go on a date, huh? You need to get to know each other better, right? "

Idris pulled away and took out his wallet, giving Percy his card, "Don't go too crazy but have some fun while you can, alright?"

Percy nodded, taking the card.