Memories Meant To Last

*********FLASHBACK #1 Yuzura POV********

Ow!! that hurt!! I exclaimed painfully rubbing my bruised knee. "Haha! you fell Yuzu-Chan." Said a young boy as he looks down at his younger sister. It's not funny Yusuke!. I sniffled trying to hold back the tears. Sighing, Yusuke crouched down to your level lightly poking your forehead. "Dont start crying Yuzu you're okay. You are MY sister after all so suck it up!!" Yusuke retorted confidently as he helped you up. Looking up at Yusuke I smiled proudly while pushing him to the ground. Yeah! you're right! Thanks big bro! "Ouch! Darn it Yuzu!" Yusuke exclaimed laughing.

************Flashback #2 Yuzura POV************
C'mon Keiko! you're too slow! I exclaimed while yusuke laughed following behind me. "You both are such jerks!" A young Keiko yelled chasing after us. After a while of running we all stopped out of breath while looking at the setting sun. "Hey Yusuke? Yuzura?" Keiko called catching my brother and I's attention. "Promise me we will always be friends?" She asked looking away slightly embarassed. Yusuke, standing up straight glanced in my direction then stared at Keiko. "Ofcourse we will, that will never change!" Tearing up, Keiko sniffled and smiled graciously. "Great! That makes me happy!".

*************Flashback #3*****************

But....why? I frowned sadly looking up at my aunt while she drags me away from the Urameshi household. "Yuzura dear, you'll be staying with us for awhile...Until Atsuko takes care of a few things. " B-but what about big bro?? why isnt he coming?. "You see Sweetheart...Atsuko is-" Yuzu-Chan!!!!!!". I heard someone scream loudly and i turned around quickly to see Yusuke running towards me with tears in his eyes. Prying myself away from my aunt, i ran towards Yusuke and he engulfed me into a bear hug. Whats going on big bro?? i asked as i fought away the urge to start balling. "I dont know Yuzu but dont worry  I--" Before Yusuke could finish, my aunt took my hand. "We have to go now Yuzura, Take Care Yusuke." My aunt told my brother as she walked me to the car. Climbing into the car i lightly put my hand against the cold window staring at my brother. "Yuzu!! dont worry  I will find you again and when I do I promise we will never be apart Just you wait!" Yusuke yelled while crying crocodile tears. Hearing him say those words, I finally let the tears fall as i see his figure get smaller the farther the car drove.

*********PRESENT DAY Yuzura POV***********

Looking into the mirror one final time, proud of my look,

I made my way through the corridor. "Its been a rough few years for me....I found out the reason why I was taken away was because my mom wasnt able to take care of both Yusuke and I, so I was the lucky one to go live with my Aunt. It wasnt so bad.. but My aunt ended up getting into a terrible accident so I had to fend for myself for a bit. Sighing, I continued. " It was really rocky and things got harder financially... so I was on the streets for a bit, but I survived! One day..i was found by this strange woman that ended up taking me in..giving me shelter and giving me hope again." Grabbing my bag, I Put on my shoes and walked towards my guardian. "Im leaving now Genkai." I bowed slightly addressing the woman that took care of me to this day. "Now Child, You dont have to be so formal with me all the time." Grinning sheepishly I apologized. Im off to school ill be back soon! Waving, i left the compound preparing for the longest walk back to civilization.

Genkai POV
I sat down peacefully drinking a cup of tea when I sensed Yuzura approaching.

(A/N: okay so pretend that this is how the scene looked only genkai doesn't look so annoyed and ignore my failed attempts to make the edit look decent Dx)"I'm leaving now Genkai

"I'm leaving now Genkai. " She said while bowing respectfully. "Now child, you don't have to be so formal with me all the time." I replied calmly watching her grin embarrassed. "I apologize genkai...uh.. I mean I'm off to school I'll be back soon!" She responded quickly running out the door. "That Girl ... she grew up so fast..." Smiling, Genkai continued to drink her tea taking in the soothing taste. "Soon it will be time for the test" Genkai continued to herself as she sighed loudly. "I hope there wont be a lot of Dimwits".

A/N :  Annnnd there you have it! I know it's short and probably not what you expected or hoped for but I'm still working everything out regarding how I want this story to go >_< maybe I'll change a few things if I get more ideas but for now I'll keep this chapter the way it is . Feel free to leave any ideas or pointers and excuse the errors if there are any >_<

May your smiles remain endless and happiness eternal :3