CHAPTER TWO, be my yoda

Start from the beginning

"I know nothing about boys." Winnie glanced up from her phone when she heard Ashley say that. Ashley was following Brooke over to the sitting area Winnie was at with her own coffee. Brooke sat besides Winnie, handing her coffee to her with a small smile on her face. Winnie thankfully smiled at her, taking the coffee cup from her and took a sip. 

"Okay, what'd I miss?" Winnie asked, glancing at the two girls with curiosity while Ashley sat beside the right side of Brooke.

"I'm trying to get Brooke to be my Yoda." Ashley replies, looking at Brooke with a pleading expression. "She knows everything about boys."

Winnie furrows her eyebrows, now more confused. "That didn't help me."

Brooke chuckles. "She met a boy."

"Oh." Winnie nods in realization, reaching forward to set her coffee cup on the coffee table in front of her. "That makes more sense."

Brooke looks at Ashley with a small smile. "I hope you're calling me Yoda because I am wise and not because of my skin."

"It would definitely be because of you being wise." Winnie reassured her and the two girls shared a smile.

"Okay, let's see what I'm working with. You're alone with a guy, the conversation slows down, and he takes a breath mint. What does that mean?" Brooke questioned Ashley.

Ashley points at her and smiles. "He wants something sweet, but he's on a diet, and a breath mint is a perfect low-caloric alternative." She smiles proudly, pretending to be throwing a basketball into a hoop. "Swish!"

Winnie cringes. "No, Ash, that's far from the answer."

Brooke nods in agreement with Winnie. "It means he wants to kiss you."

"I mean, mine makes sense too." Ashley defended herself.

"A breath mint is for kissing." Brooke said sassily, earning a chuckle from Winnie. "You want to learn this stuff or not?"

"I do." Ashley immediately replies. "I really do. Go on."

"Okay, I got a little something for you." Brooke glances at Winnie with a small smile. "Nini, could you grab me my makeup kit by the couch, please?"

Winnie nods. "Sure." She turned to her left, reaching over the side of the couch to pick up the makeup kit and then handed it to Brooke.

"Thanks." Brooke tells her and sets the makeup kit on the table. "This is a makeup kit." She opens it up. "My travel one. Just the essentials." Ashley looks at all the makeup inside with a shocked expression. "Eyes, cheekbone, lips. Highlight, contour. Daytime, evening." Brooke explains, pointing at each one she said. She glances at Ashley with raised eyebrows. "Do you want me to slow down? Can't keep up?"

Ashley laughs and points at each stuff she said like Brooke did. "Eyes, cheekbone, lips. Highlight, contour. Daytime, evening."

"Ooh," Brooke grins at her. "Playa's got potential."

An impressed expression forms on Winnie's face. "Nice job."

"Yeah, the first time I showed my makeup kit to Winnie, it took her a few tries to get it right." Brooke commented.

Winnie shrugs. "Makeup's just not my thing." 

Brooke smiles at her, patting her shoulder. "That's why you got me."

Winnie laughs lightly. "That's one reason. You're also great company."

Brooke smiles widely at her, putting a hand over her heart. "Awe, Nini." She leans her head on Winnie's shoulder and Winnie smiles, leaning her head on Brooke's head. "You're so sweet, girl." Brooke complimented. Winnie lifted her head off Brooke's head and Brooke lifted her head off Winnie's shoulder to look at Ashley.