Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"Mmm, I look a mess." She protested against his compliment. "How was your meeting?"

"It was good. Really good, actually. I'm hoping to get a few more members in the next few weeks."

"That's great. You know, you can always have the meeting here if you want."

"I know."

"So....I was thinking/doing some googling and I found a really cute cow." She said while pulling up the image on her phone and sliding it to him.

He raised an eyebrow and looked at the picture. "A cow?"

"Mhm. I think we should get one...or ten." She said, her lips curling into a smile.

Just as Steve was about to say something, they heard a car coming up the driveway. They both looked at each confused. Neither one of them were expecting anyone to come over. They both stood up and walked to the front porch just as Natasha and Scott emerged from it. Scott? She had thought he got snapped.

"Scott?" Steve asked confused.

Scott raised his hand awkwardly and waved at the two of them. "Captain. Uhhh, yeah, I know. I'm alive. I can explain if you would allow me."

Natasha nodded at them. "You're going to want to hear this."

They all four walked inside. Natasha looked around the house as if she were reminiscing. The last time she had been inside there, it was trashed. She was happy to see that Steve and Brianna had taken care of the place. After Brianna poured them all coffee, they sat down for Scott's explanation.

"What do you two know about Quantum Physics?" He started off.

Steve and Brianna traded unsure looks before she answered for them. "Ummm, absolutely nothing."

"Okay. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. I was suppose to get pulled out by my...anyways. And then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

Brianna raised her hand to stop him. "I'm sorry. You were stuck in floating in some realm for five years?"

"No, it wasn't five years for me. More like...five hours." He told her. "See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before Thanos."

"Like, time travel?" Steve asked confused.

"No, of course not. Well, yeah. I guess you call it time travel. I know it's crazy, but it's possible. We'll need help of course." Scott said.

Brianna's brain hurt as she tried to process the information Scott had told her. She didn't want to get her hopes up. She wanted more than anything to bring everyone back, but the thought still seemed impossible even with Scott's explanation.

"Bri, can I talk to you in the kitchen?" Steve broke her out of her thoughts. She nodded and stood up to follow him into the kitchen. He seemed to be as perplexed as she was. "What are you thinking?"

"That I really need to brush up on my quantum physics knowledge." She attempted to joke. "It could work, I guess. I just worry about making things worse. You know who we need to talk to."

Steve sighed. "Tony."

The last time she had seen Tony was three years ago when Pepper and him got married. She was surprised that he even invited them, but they graciously accepted the invitation. Tony and Pepper had also had a child, a daughter, in the midst of the five years following the snap. Brianna had only met her a handful times, but liked the little girl. She reminded her of Tony.

They had bought property in the middle of nowhere and Brianna understood the notion. Like them, she wanted to live a life of seclusion after what they dealt with. There was a decent sized cabin situated in front of a beautiful lake. As they pulled up his driveway, they could see Tony talking with his daughter. He shot them all a glare before bringing Morgan inside and then returning so they could talk.

"Now, we know what it sounds like..." Scott trailed off after explaining his plan.

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve asked.

Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" Tony asked, but no one had any idea what he was saying. "In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home."

"I did." Scott said.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?" Tony asked him.

"A time heist."

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?"

"The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them."

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back." Natasha spoke up.

"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Tony told her.

Steve crossed his arms. "I don't think we would."

"Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise."

"Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -" Scott continued, but was cut off by Tony.

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back To The Future?"

Scott shook his head.

"Good." Tony said. "You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horse shit. That's not how quantum physics works."

"Tony, we all understand you have a lot to lose, but not all of us were as lucky as you were during the Snap. I lost..." Brianna couldn't finish her sentence.

"It's a second chance." Steve said.

"I got my second chance right here, Cap. I can't roll the dice again. If you don't talk shop, you can stay for lunch." Tony told them before disappearing into his house.

They all looked at each other with a worn, unhopeful looks. The ability to bring her family was right there, in the palm of her hand. They just needed someone bold and smart enough to help them.

"Dr.Banner." Steve spoke suddenly.

"Dr. Banner?" Scott asked.

"He's smart, right? He's knows about all of this. What if he could help us?" Steve asked.

Natasha nodded her head. "Let's go find Bruce, then."