Chapter Twenty Nine

"Steve!" Brianna yelled as she saw him dragging an unconscious Bucky out of the river.

She ran to his side quickly, as well as Sam, to help him drag Bucky's body out. Both of them felt ice cold to the touch. She tried not to look worried as she shot glances at her boyfriend. Fresh cuts and bruises now adorned his face. He had been through worse, she knew that, but it still didn't make it easier on her. She could hear sirens wailing in the distance. The whirl of helicopters were in the sky.

"We need to get out of here." Steve said as he gazed up at the sky.

"Yeah. But how?" Sam asked.

"I know how to hot wire a car." Brianna spoke up causing both Steve and Sam to gape at her.

"You do?" Steve asked.

She nodded her head. "I do."

"Then, do it." Sam said impatiently.

She went running for the street again. Her eyes scanned the parking spots for the most inconspicuous car she could find. Her eyes landed on a generic black sedan that could hold all of them. She tried the handle and lucky for her it was unlocked. She slid into the driver's seat and began to undo the compartment under the steering wheel. She didn't have a knife so she ended up using her teeth to cut the wire.

If only her mother could see her now. She would be having a fit. Brianna smiled to herself and brought the wires together. It took a few attempts, but it finally started up. She shut the door with a slam and sped off to where Steve, Sam and Bucky were. She didn't even put the car in park as they loaded his body inside. She just kept her foot on the brake, ready to speed off when she was given the all clear.

"Go!" Steve said as he climbed in the back seat.

She didn't drive for long. By then the owner of the car probably realized that it had been stolen and was reporting it to the police. A BOLO would be issued within minutes and everyone would be looking for them. She drove the car into an industrial area that seemed to abandoned. Once they found a building that looked like it would do the trick, she parked the car and helped them drag Bucky's body inside.

Lucky for them, a giant magnet was inside and they positioned Bucky's arm to it. None of them knew what kind of state he would be in when he finally came to. She could hear the helicopters searching for them outside.

"You look like hell." Brianna muttered to Steve with a smile.

"Yeah?" He asked, returning her smile "I feel like it."

"Hey, guys!" Sam called out.

They both followed him into the room where they were keeping Bucky. He was still waking up when they walked inside. She decided to keep her distance.

"Steve." Bucky said.

"Which Bucky am I talking too?" Steve asked.

"Your mom's name was Sarah...You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky said with a smile.

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve admitted.

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?" Sam asked shocked.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked.

They all three looked at each other. "Enough."

"Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words." Bucky said.

"Who was he?" Steve asked.

"I don't know." Bucky said. "He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."