Chapter 16

THALIA "SIN" REED

I was sure that Kai probably loathes my snoring in the morning. Maybe that's why he doesn't want me sleeping on his bed. What was I supposed to do? I can't control how I sleep.

I have been staying over at Nick's house for the past few days, from the moment we got back from that beach trip, to about a week after that. Callum left after that to New York, earlier than Kai, because he had something to fix with his work... I didn't know the details.

Three more days. It was ridiculous, isn't it? I kept track of the days that Kai would stay here. In a couple of days, we'd all drive with Callum to New York, to spend my birthday for another three days, and then months would pass that I don't have him around my arms.

Dropping the book on my chest, I watched as Nick paced back and forth in his room, contemplating what he was going to wear for his date with Paul. He ended up sticking to his words a week after we got back, coward. But I wasn't in the place to insult him, was I? At least, he's moving forward with his shit while I sit here idly wishing that Kai somehow—changes the way he sees me and tells me that he loves me in that way.

"Nick, if you needed help, you could ask." I looked over the clock and then added, "You've got less than an hour before Paul arrives. If you keep that up, an hour probably wouldn't be enough."

Nick was already finished preparing. He was showered, his phone was charged full, his things were organized—except for the fact that he was still in jersey shorts and a random graphic t-shirt. He was always organized, and yet now, he looked like a chaotic mess.

"You? You were the first thing that you could pick up from your dresser and not give a damn about it."

"I do have a sense of style every now and then," I said, sounding offended. And then I watched him pick up two tops, one casual and one formal-looking. "You should see if you can take something from Kai's, so you wouldn't have to worry about the theme of your clothing."

"I just don't know where we'd be going. I should've asked before blindly agreeing to whatever restaurant he felt like going to."

I stood up, taking the dark blue long sleeve polo, "You could never go wrong with this. It's safe for both occasions."

A vertical line appeared in between his brows, "Since when do you give good style advice?"

I shrugged. "Kai seems to always wear that and it fits for when we eat in some fancy restaurant or fast-food."

"Right. Kai does have a great style, without trying."

"He could pull off any style after all."

I headed for the door and left Nick to dress up. I decided I'd wait for Paul downstairs. As I walked to the stairs, I tried to sneak a peek through the slightly opened door of Kai's door, but it was empty.

I pulled the doorknob to close the room then called, "Nick!"

"Yeah?"

"Where's Kai?"

"He's out with friends. He left when you were sleeping, I think."

"To where?"

"I don't know—probably drinking or something."

I wanted to know more, but I pursed my lips, muttering 'alright' as I head for downstairs. I jogged down the stairs, then jumped on the couch. Reaching for the remote control, I lay comfortably and opened the TV to Netflix, finding any type of romantic show.