"Elena? Where are you?"

"Bonnie, I know I'm late. I'm getting in the car now. I'll be there in five" Elena says before hanging up.

Bonnie looks shocked but when she turns around to leave she comes face to face with Katherine. "We haven't officially met. I'm Katherine."

"I know who you are." Bonnie says in a confident tone she may be scared of Katherine but Estella taught her some stronger spells for her.

"Of course you do. You're the best friend right? I've been putting all the pieces of Elena's life together. Isobel told me it was a bit of a puzzle. I do know who Jenna and Jeremy are and I met that delicious ex-boyfriend Matt, who's sweet on Caroline, and then there's you, the Bennett witch. Did I do good?"

Bonnie tries to leave but Katherine speeds around her and blocks her way out. Bonnie uses her magic whispering under her breath, "Ossox" Katherine's bones in her legs snapping making her scream and kneel down.

Bonnie opens the door with her powers to expose them to the other guests when Katherine stood back up about to attack her again. "Nice."

"Katherine." says Stefan who was outside. "Leave her alone."

Katherine shrugs, "Okay"

Bonnie leaves the room going to look for someone she knows to let them know Katherine was here.

Katherine traces her finger across his chest as she walks past him making him follow her out. "What are you doing here?" Katherine grabs a drink off a tray, "After the way you treated me last night, I thought that a public place would be less violent."

"You're taking this a little far, don't you think? Elena could walk in at any moment."

"Mmm, but that's part of the fun, Stefan." She picks up a cherry from the food table before taking a bite. "Damon's here, somewhere. I've been avoiding him."

"You need to leave now." Stefan says fed up of her already. "You're hurting my feelings, Stefan. Damon was much happier to see me, then again he thought I was your girlfriend so." she says not mentioning how he pushed her away.

"Katherine, I'm not doing this with you." Katherine looks up at him, "Okay, how about we don't have a couple's fight in front of all of your friends? Walk with me."

"Just tell me what you're doing here."

 "Maybe I missed you. Is that an acceptable reason?"

"What game are you playing?" he says trying to figure her out.

"Why, you want to play with me?" she says in a seductive tone. "I don't know. How can I play if I don't know the rules?"

"No rules, Stefan. Don't you remember? No rules." Katherine walks out of the room and looks back at Stefan. He looks at her when she holds her hand out for him making him walk towards her. She smiles and turns around, still holding her hand out for Stefan to hold but he walks right past her, ignoring her silent request to hold hands. Katherine drops her hand and follows Stefan.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Outside, Stefan is still talking to Katherine trying to find out why she is in Mystic Falls, "Don't flirt with me Katherine. I'm not Damon; I haven't spent one hundred and forty five years obsessed with you."