▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Yes," Din said.

"All right, well, stop your mopin'!" Peli exclaimed, passing them as she head back to the hangar. "More importantly, did you bring back any of that dragon meat? Better not have any maggots on it. I don't like maggots."

Artemis rolled her eyes, a smile playing on her lips, and following Peli back to the hangar.

Back in the hangar, Artemis headed into the Razor Crest and fell down onto her bed. She let out a sigh as she buried her head into the pillow.

"Home sweet home," she muttered.

Her bedroom door slid open and Din's head appeared. "Are you gonna take a nap?"

Artemis smiled and patted the free space next to her. "Wanna join?"

Din moved inside, closed the door behind him and locked it before removing his helmet and armor. Then, he laid down, pulling Artemis closer.

"What a ride these last days have been, huh?" Artemis said, closing her eyes and trying to get more comfortable on Din's chest.

Din hummed in agreement, but didn't say anything. A short while later, the two of them were asleep.

⋆⋆⋆

THE smell of cooked meat made Artemis wake up. She rubbed her eyes and pushed herself upright. Din stirred next to her.

"I smell food," he said.

"Me too," Artemis said, hiding a yawn. "Wanna grab some?"

"Excellent idea," Din said, getting up and started to pull on his armor.

The two of them left the ship and Artemis saw Grogu standing in front of the motor engine where the dragon meat was already grilling beside it.

"Hey, don't overcook it, Treadwell!" Peli called to the droid who was surveying the meat. "I like it medium rare!"

The droid lowered the engine and Artemis heard Perli mutter, "I'm not some rodian for crying out lout." The woman then turned to face Artemis and Din. "All right, here's the deal. A Mandalorian covert is close. It's in this sector, one system trailing."

"Are they the ones that left Nevarro?" Din asked.

"Don't know. All I know is that the contact will lead you to them," Peli said.

"How much will it cost us?"

"Well, that's the great news. It's free," Peli said, smiling. "Aside form a finder's fee, of course."

"What's the not-great news?" Din asked suspiciously as Artemis crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Peli said. "It's all great."

"Okay," Din said, seeming to believe her, but Artemis knew something was up by the way Peli looked.

"What is it?" she questioned the other woman.

"Well, there is one small skank in the scud pie," Peli trailed off.

"Which is?" Din questioned.

"The contact wants passage to the system."

Din and Artemis exchanged a glance before the former asked, "Do you vouch for them?"

"On my life," Peli quickly said.

Din sighed. "Fine."

"And . . ." Peli added, hesitating, "no hyperdrive."

"You want us to travel sublight?" Din said, his voice raising a couple of octaves. "Deal's off."

"It's one sector over," Peli protested.