𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟗

― day 46the grandness of her affection disgusted her

― day 46
the grandness of her affection disgusted her. she felt so lovesick it was sickening.  

her thick hair tangled around your fingers as you pressed a kiss to the crown of her head.

"i thought i would die from your tenderness." 

"don't worry, amour," you smiled, "you are very much still alive." 

"i hope so." 

don't we all hope?

― day 40
how do they think of you? someone out of reach? unattainable, someone who couldn't care any less. 

perhaps useless, lacking in skill. hopeless, and any word like it. 

you couldn't help but wonder every time you noticed others stare, every moment you walk by.

how do they think of you?

― day 38
another letter, another scold. she has to hurry. 

but she couldn't bring herself too, so rosalyne tells you another lie, and you believe her. 

it pains her how you trusted her, you didn't doubt her, not at all. a part of her wanted you to look through the letters and find out for yourself, so that she wouldn't have to be the bearer and cause of bad news and watch how you think of her in disgust. 

it was rather selfish, she had realised that.

― day 32
the court was quiet, all went well. it seemed you worried for nothing.

the attendants were rather more silent out of obligation. matters discussed weren't pleasant, perhaps exciting. just a bit. 

fontaine, the region you build from the ground up. it was lovely, better than it has been before and will be better yet. 

beside fontaine, your hands had made plenty of mistakes, who would forgive you for them? which ones would matter?

everyone and everything had a task, a place if you will. parlement, court, the theatre troupe.