Chapter 4 || Prank Buddies ||

Start from the beginning

"Even though, I wouldn't mind staying here a bit longer... what if we ditch?"

"Keefe I-"

"That would be so much more fun than having to hang around MissGrouchyPants all lunch!"

"KEEFE!" Sophie yelled as she had a nervous look on her face. " Uh, she's right behind you?"  She squeaked.

Keefe slowly turned around to reveal a very VERY Angry woman. Her fierce blue eyes seemed to be piercing Keefe's soul.

"Uhm," Keefe chuckled nervously. " I least I said Miss, right?"

"Thursday." Lady Galvin spoke.

It was such a short, simple word but, Keefe knew exactly what it meant. Another day with MissGrouchyPants.

Lady Galvin flipped her long reddish hair off her shoulder as she started walking towards her class. Keefe knew better, so he followed. Along with Tam. Sophie gave a nervous wave as she walked off and tried to find her other friends. He saw Tam stuff the sandwich in his face as he tried to finish it before they got to class. Luckily, he did.

Keefe stayed quiet the entire time they were walking. After a flight of stairs, they reached the torture room. Lady Galvin unlocked her classroom door and held it open for Keefe and Tam. Tam said a quick and quiet " Thank you." Before Keefe sat down in a familiar seat and got out of a pencil. 

"Alright." Lady Galvin started. " I will be giving you extra homework as your punishment. You are to write 'I will be to class in time.' And 'I will not talk back'. Got it? I want 50 lines of each."

Keefe knew better than to talk back so, he stayed silent and he reluctantly obeyed. He got a good grip on his pencil and started writing.

I will be to class on time.

 Around the 25th sentence, his hand started to really hurt so, he took a break. He cracked his knuckles and stretched his wrist. He was starting to have wrist problems and this was not making it any better. Maybe he should pay a visit to Elwin. But he wouldn't want to steal the Mysterious F's record. 

After his break, he continued writing again. He wrote a couple more lines before he heard a gut wrenching scream. One that quite sounded like Fitz. He jumped and looked at Tam and Lady Galvin. They obviously had heard it too. Tam had a terrified but confused look on his face as Lady Galvin started to panic.

"Y-you two stay here. I'll check out what that noise was." She said as she hurried out of the room. Her hair flowing as she walked.

Keefe waited until the sound of her heels click-clacking in the hall faded and got up, took Tam's hand, and dragged him half across campus once again. Tam tried to break free but had no luck as Keefe held a tight grip on him.

"Let me go, dumbass!" Tam hissed. "Why do you keep dragging me places!?"

Keefe ignored him.

"You thinkin what I'm thinkin?" Keefe asked.

"We'll if you're thinking your an absolute psychopath, the yes!" Tam remarked.

"Not quite. You'll see".

Keefe continued dragging Tam until they rounded a corner where they heard Lady Galvin's voice.

"Oh my, do you have an extra change of clothes?" She asked, as Tam and Keefe were eavesdropping behind the corner.

"Uh, no." A deep accented, and clearly annoyed voice said.

Definitely Fitz.

 Keefe got curious and peeked his head around the corner to see a very wet, yellow, goopy  Fitz. Keefe tried to hold in his laugh as Fitz looked like he was about to explode with anger but failed. A snort escaped. Tam snapped his head to Keefe and flicked his head angrily. Keefe looked towards Tam and flicked his head back. Tam rolled his eyes and Keefe peaked around the corner again. He saw fierce, bright, teal eyes glaring right back at him. Once again, another emotion smacked Keefe right in the face.

Anger.

Keefe whipped his head right back around the corner and mouthed the word "run" as he managed to dragged Tam right back upstairs to Lady Galvin's room.  This time, without any complaints from Tam. They finally reached the class, out of breath. Keefe realized he was still holding Tam's hand as he quickly let go and returned to his seat. Tam doing the same. They sat down for awhile until,

Keefe looked at Tam.

Tam looked at him.

And at the very same time, they burst out laughing.

"Dude! Did you see his face?!" Keefe asked, laughing uncontrollably.

"Yeah! He is so going to kill you after school!" Tam said, laughing, but not as loud as Keefe.

"Pshh! Please! In his dreams!"

Keefe and Tam kept laughing. Sharing a couple of jokes here and there. After a couple of minutes, the laughing died down as Keefe got up from his seat, and walked over to Tam's. He held out his fist.

"You're a good prank buddy. It almost makes up for you're horrid bangs."

"I-wha- I didn't even help but, okay? Thanks?" Tam replied as he awkwardly fist bumped Keefe.

Even though Keefe's hand barley caressed Tam's, it was long enough to take a reading on it.

He wasn't happy. He wasn't sad. It was right around in between. It was almost as if he was happy about this experience but knew something bad was going to cause it. 

Like, you may be lactose and tolerant and you ate an ice cream bar. It was sooo delicious! But, then you know the toilet is going to hate you. 

That's the vibe he was getting from Tam. And it honestly, confused him. He had never really felt anyone who felt like that before.

Keefe cleared his head as he sat back down.

"You're bangs are still ugly." Keefe smirked.

"Well Funkyhair, at least my hair doesn't look like I was electrocuted."

"It's a new style. Soon everyone will be copying my fabulous hair." Keefe said as he waved his hands all around his "fabulous" hair.

"Whatever."  Tam sighed as a soft smile spread across his face.

And just like that. The door flew open.

Word count: 1473

Hiii! I'm so so so so sorry for not updating yesterday! :((( I was extremely busy and by the time I was done with all my homework it was around 8 o clock and I was mentally and physically exhausted. I don't know about you, but right now we are doing state testing and it's extremely stressful, so I hope you understand! I may or may not upload tmr so don't get your hopes up! Anyway this chapter had a teeny weeny bit of Kam in it as Tam and Keefe slowly become "friends". Also tysm for 100 reads!! I will do a special POV so comment who you want it to be! Have an amazing day, and stay positive! <3