"I know, but I'm awake," he says while tracing random patterns with his fingers across Harry's chest.

"So?" Harry questions.

"So," Louis starts before biting softly the skin of Harry's neck, making his breath catch in his throat. Louis smirks, "you have to be awake too. Otherwise, I'll get bored"

"I'm not your personal entertainer" Harry objects, still not opening his eyes.

"I know. You're something much better than that" Louis clarifies.

Harry's hands go up to rub his eyes, which finally open reluctantly, turning his face back to look at Louis. "And what is that?" he asks with a smirk.

He rolls on his back without taking his gaze away from Louis, who shifts until he's kneeling beside him.

"My bitch" Louis answers with his eyes closed, nodding wisely before his own pillow hits him in the face.

He opens his eyes dumbfounded to find Harry has sat up, the duvet now at his waist, and is staring at him with a conflicted look, between wanting to laugh and wanting to elbow Louis' ribs.

"You're a jerk," he says, pretending to be offended when Louis snorts before crawling over to Harry's lap and throwing his arms around his neck.

"I'm actually super charming," he says, running his hands through Harry's hair, which is starting to get a bit long, and detangling the ends...

Harry wasn't sure about letting it grow a couple of months ago, when he started to wear headscarves so his hair wouldn't fall on his face more than it already did, and he nonchalantly told Louis about his thoughts of just cutting it once and for all.

Louis forbid it, naturally.

Not only because he likes it, but also because he knows Harry likes it too, and there was nothing nonchalant about his comment. 

Louis noticed very early on that Harry has this notion of himself that he comes across as a little eccentric sometimes because he has grown up thinking that he had to go unnoticed to do well, like what happened with the nail polish. But what Harry is is just very unique, very special. And Louis knows that, sometimes, he just needs a little push, which Louis will always be very happy to give him until he learns how to be the best, most unapologetic version of himself. 

In fact, Louis started growing his hair out too, and hasn't cut it ever since he told Harry not to cut his. Obviously, it's not near as long as Harry's because his was already quite long when he made the decision but, even if none of them has said anything about it, he knows Harry has noticed, of course. He notices everything.

So one night, while the three of them were watching a film together, Lottie had reached out and tousled Louis' feathery hair, making a few strands fall on his forehead, over his eyes.

"What's up with that?" she had asked, frowning slightly at Louis, who sat on the sofa with one leg over Harry's lap.

Louis looked at her and shrugged, fixing this hair. "I like it"

"Have you seen that thread about Brad Pitt looking exactly like the person he's dating through the years?" Lottie asked as she kept looking at both of them.

Louis deadpanned. "Well, Brad Pitt has always dated very beautiful people. Can't really blame him"

"He's hot, too. So he pulls everything off" Harry had added then.

Lottie had just shaken her head and looked straight at the TV again with a tiny, knowing grin. But Louis turned his head towards Harry, who was already looking at him with a smile on his lips and a "thank you" in his eyes, and took his hand in his, bringing it up to kiss the back of it before continuing to watch the film...