18.

slightly longer chapter for u guys, hope u enjoy <3

ೃ༄·˚

slow dancing in the dark

ೃ༄·˚

"so tell me, what's a pretty little thing like you doing here at this time huh?" the man said, moving closer to rin as she took a few steps forward in an attempt to increase the distance between them.

"you know it's rude to turn your back to people when they're talking to you?" the female felt a tight grip around her arm as the man pulled on it to make her look at him.

he reeked of cigarettes and some other odor that rin could not place her finger on, but it smelled terrible.

"the fuck do you think you're doing?"

the female audibly let out a sigh of relief as she heard the familiar voice.

"what'd you say?" the nameless man turned to look at rindou...accompanied by sanzu and kakucho. boy did they look mad. kakucho had this menacing glare in his eyes- if looks could kill, this turd-reeking motherfucker would be 18 feet under- while sanzu clenched his jaw and rindou cracked his knuckles.

"let go off her fucker."

the man backed away, immediately letting go of the female's arm. he quickly bowed down and muttered a string of apologies, saying he did not know that she belonged to them...but neither of them gave out any reaction. rindou motioned at sanzu to take rin away as he and kakucho shared a glance, both of them sporting daunting smiles.

the pink-haired male wasted no time, grabbing her arm and pulling her with him to the other side of the lot.

"are you okay?" rin felt a warm feeling in her chest, when she realized that the man may or may not have cared for her.

"yeah, i'm alright...just a bit shaken up, I don't know what I would have done if you guys hadn't come, so thank you..." she replied, barely in a whisper, as haru nodded.

"don't worry about it, we're here to protect you-if we didn't, then boss would've had our heads cut off- and rindou and kakucho will take care of that dude." he shrugged, a throaty chuckle escaping his lips.

he still had his hand on her arm when they reached the front doors, where stood two buff guys, arms and necks tattooed. they looked intimidating at first glance, but that thought vanished from the female's mind when one of them smiled at haruchiyo. the latter let go of her and walked towards the guard, and they conversed for a few minutes. rin stood there awkwardly as she rubbed the skin where haru held her just a few minutes ago.

"come on, let's go." he grabbed her hand this time, pulling her with to him and dragged her to where the rest of bonten was at. there was a sign next to the door, vip, no access to the public, written in bright bold letters.

the male pushed open the door and they were greeted with the sight of a stage, where beautiful dancers dressed in skimpy clothing were dancing on the poles. rin watched them in awe, star-struck at the body-strength and flexibility these girls displayed, until she felt a pull at her hand. her eyes darted at the man in front of her, and then at the other familiar faces behind him as they watched the same scene as her.

"let's go sit."

the both of them sat down at the end of one of couches, where sat manjiro and the others, sipping on their drinks while they chatted away.

"I heard you got shot," kokonoi spoke up, sparing a glance at the female before redirecting his attention back to sanzu.

"yeah, it's no biggie though, doctor here patched me up real quick," he chuckled, pointing at the female who sat right next to him, but she was more engrossed in the the pole dancers' show than in the men's conversation.