Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda answered him.

Brianna's eyes shifted to the Range Rover. It was very clear that it was out of place. "It's bulletproof."

"Shouldn't be a problem. I can move things with my mind." Wanda pointed out.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha told Wanda.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat asked.

She listened to her com quietly as Steve instructed Sam to use Redwing to tag and look inside a suspicious garage truck.

It all happened quickly. The realization that Rumlow didn't intend to attack the police, but the actual infectious disease center. Everyone was on their feet in seconds.

"Brianna! Get everyone out of here now." Steve yelled into her com.

She withdrew the gun that was hidden behind her back and began to avert the crowd to a safer area. From the corner of her eye she could see several yellow box trucks entering into the building and many armed men filing out of them. It wasn't good. Once the people were cleared out of the area, she began to head towards the building.

A bullet whizzed by her head, narrowly missing her and she knew she had been made. She brought the gun up in front of her and fired at the first guy she saw. It was risky shooting in an open public place like that, but she didn't have a choice. It would become riskier if they got their hands on any biological warfare.

"I got seven hostiles!" Steve yelled.

"Make that five!" Sam corrected him.

"I've injured one. Maybe. They're entering the building." Brianna told them.

"Rumlow's got the biological weapon." Steve said.

Shit!

"It looks like he handed it off to one of his men. There's four of them and they're splitting up." Sam said. "They're headed into a civilian area."

Brianna took off running. She had no idea where the men were, but she could see Natasha hightailing it on a motorcycle in front of her. She figured her best bet was to follow her. It was extremely crowded in what seemed to be a market area. The men could have been anywhere. She slowed herself down when she saw two men aiming guns at Natasha. One of them seemed to be holding the biological weapon.

Her eyes scanned the perimeter trying to find the best way to sneak up on the man. Her movements were slow as she approached them from behind. She had to make sure Natasha saw her though and understood what she was about to do. Their eyes connected briefly. Natasha was going to have to be ready the second Brianna put her plan into action.

She tightened her grip on her gun and ran towards the guy on the left. Her left arm tighten around his neck as hard as she could while she brought her right hand up and fired a shot at the guy in the right. The vile went flying through the air, but luckily Natasha was able to catch it. Brianna released the guy from her grip and he fell to the ground.

"Thanks." Natasha said.

The whole ground shook violently suddenly. Screams and what sounded like an explosion could be heard in the distance. Both Nat and Brianna looked around confused until their eyes landed on a building with a gaping, fiery hole in the side of it. Neither one of them knew what happened. They just knew they needed to get over there.