chapter fifteen.

Börja om från början

you still see sae pulling his shirt over his head while akame is getting dressed as well in your mind. luckily the trip is over, you would never have voluntarily spent another night in this room.

inside it hurts you already. your steady relationship has lasted just one day, this should be a sign.

a sign that you shouldn't be, can't be. sae is a player, can't be faithful to you even for one day.

"a relationship could have ended in a less embarrassing way," seishiro says quietly to sae, the two sitting involuntarily next to each other. because you took seishiro's place next to reo, you definitely didn't want to sit next to sae.

sighing, sae's gaze wanders to your shoulder "i did everything right" he tells himself, then puts his headphones in his ears.

you broke up with him, which of course has already spread throughout the bus. akame was happy, of course, but reo didn't care. he knew you were hurt and gloating wouldn't do any good.

"how are you?" he wakes up from his sleep, looking at you sleepily from the side.

"better" you lie curtly, he has to smile pityingly. "soon you'll be fine, you'll forget him with time. the relationship with akame was fake by the way, i just wanted to make you jealous" he admits out of nowhere, which you find surprising. "i thought she was nice, but what she did to you-" he stops himself in his tracks, not wanting to add too much salt to the wound.

a tear actually makes its way down your cheek as you look out the window, you just can't believe that sae did that to you.

meanwhile rin sits in the back corner, wanting to sit alone. he needs time to think, about himself and his actions.

in the end, rin and sae are very similar. both are selfish and lie in case of need.

but this lie was one too many, rin thinks to himself. he is ashamed of being a liar.

"sae" he talks to him when the ride is over and they all carry their suitcases off the bus. smoking one together, they talk about what happened. rin confesses everything, admitting his mistakes.

"you destroyed my relationship because you didn't want to talk about your problems with your father?" sae processes the story, stunned.

rin nods uncertainly. "i didn't know you would react like that. after all, i'm not used to you liking a girl seriously. and you fucking someone else directly was not my goal, but i regret the dishonesty very much and apologize again."

sae is silent, looking down. thinking about his own actions, he can't believe what he did. you hadn't met with reo and yet he reacted angrily and slept with akame.

"can you forgive me?" rin says, waiting.

"not this time" he screeches, takes off with his suitcase and goes after you, while rin looks sadly after him.

sae just can't forgive him for lying, but he should be reflecting on his own behavior and reaction, right?

deep down, he knows that it wasn't right to take revenge and go to someone else. he should have talked to you first, he knows that now.

sae has a lot to learn, but will he get a second chance?

"y/n!" he shouts loudly after you as you are about to get on the bus - but you let the bus go and turn to him. emotionally upset he comes up to you "i fucked up, please let me make it up to you" he comes, wants to take you in his arms.

hurt, you block him, take a step back from him. "please let me"

shaking his head he speaks "there was a misunderstanding, i thought you kissed mikage and wanted him. but i know now that it's not true. and with you i'm always up for a serious relationship" he explains.

"don't you even understand your mistake yourself? are you cheating everyone directly without discussing the truth?" you ask him disappointedly.

however, he doesn't answer, because your words have defeated him. he knows that his actions have been more than wrong - but he is stubborn and just can't admit it.

"give me a reason why i should give you another chance?" you take a step towards him, standing close to him.

sae can't look you in the eyes because he sees the pain in them. when he doesn't give you an answer, the next bus comes and determinedly you walk to the door.

he quickly follows you, "because this is just the beginning of our relationship, please," he says almost tearfully, holding the door open with one hand.

getting on the bus, you turn to him one last time "that's not enough, sae"

you had actually wanted an honest apology.

the bus doors close, you are gone. sae angrily kicks the ticket machine, then silently sits down on the bench.

quietly, he begins to cry.