chapter fifteen.

confused, rin was about to enter his room, when seishiro comes to meet him. "y/n went to her room, didn't she?" he says, walking towards your and akame's hotel room.

panicked, rin shakes his head. "no, she's still downstairs"

suspicious, your best friend doesn't listen to him. "i'd rather be convinced of that myself" he continues straight ahead.

whatever sae is doing in there, he'd be screwed if he got caught by seishiro of all people.

as his best friend, rin has to cover him, no matter what the situation. so he takes a running start, jumps onto seishiro in a high arc - so that both of them clap to the ground just before the door.

seishiro cries out in pain, which sae also notices in the room. "get off me!" seishiro kicks rin away from him and stands up with a groan.

rin immediately grabs seishiro's foot and pulls him to the ground. a fight develops, his intention to keep sae away becomes unimportant.

until you are standing next to them in the hallway and drive them apart "seishiro's face is insured, better leave it" you give rin a warning look.

"fuck" seishiro notices that his nose is bleeding, which is why he now disappears to take care of it.

shaking your head, you put your hand on the doorknob of your room, already turning it aside. one last time rin steps in for his best friend, pulling you aside and pressing you against the wall.

"don't make me hurt you" he breathes, still out of breath from the fight just now.

"are you seriously threatening me with violence right now?" you raise an eyebrow and just can't take him seriously.

he now drops his hand, which is resting on the wall next to your head. he didn't mean physical violence, but psychological. because if you go into that room, anything could be waiting for you.

rin knows sae better than anyone, he's just as much of a player as he is. he's also impulsive and in many situations doesn't think before he acts.

"let me go" you now push him aside, much too close he stood in front of you.

"didn't you want to tell something about my father?" rin quickly thinks of a distraction, leading you away from the door a bit.

"we're going to be like step-siblings. my mother is dating your father," you blurt out, and rin realizes a few things. "so your mom is the hot lady who sometimes disappears in the morning?"

ashamed you nod "soon we'll be moving in together, she's already canceled our lease" you explain further.

"you're going to be my sister" he jokes with a perverted grin, directly you hit his upper arm "please don't make jokes like that, it's probably just a phase of our parents"

strangely rin is looking forward to having someone else in his house. otherwise he is always alone or with his father, who don't have a good relationship with each other.

just as he wants to say something, the door to your room opens behind him. rin doesn't even notice it, he is still focused on the conversation with you.

but you see exactly how sae with tousled hair and reddened face puts on his short again, in the background akame only half dressed. "oh my god" comes stunned over your lips.

"go and cry to mikage" sae doesn't even look you in the face properly and takes off.

<3

lost in thought, your head leans against the window as you sit in the bus. the class trip is over and everyone is going home again. in his sleep, reo's head falls on your shoulder, but this doesn't bother you.