Chapter 1

Hi everyone I'm Lena McGrove,an eigth grader. I just moved from Lintford where I attended Stradhampton high to Wellister states where I'm attending Mayflower Acadmey. When I was moving I kinda felt sad and happy at the same time because I was leaving my only friends and I felt happy cause I was going to start my life all over again, literally.
Starting my life all over again was gonna be big, I was going to reform myself from nerd to popular and become popular like the PK's. I'll reform myself by getting a new look and changing my dorky clothes. I'll maybe donate them to the orphanage and buy new clothes.
As happy as I was getting a wave of guilt washed over me, I heard a voice saying "Lena how could u be so selfish,so self centered thinking about yourself and not calling your friends to say 'Hi guys I just arrived' or something". The voice was right maybe in was being selfish. But I also thought 'They're now in eighth grade and they'll definitely have to change their dorky ways'. I also agreed with myself, then I had a funny thought 'Maybe they're sworn to dorkiscy' I LOLed and it was the negative one, laughing obnoxiously loud. Does popular also mean being obnoxious?if then I'm sold.
I decided to take a stroll downtown to get to know some people and meet some friends. I first met a certain lady who was exercising I engaged her in a short conversation with her and learnt she was called Alisa, she looked like a twenty-one year old even though she was seventeen. I was fifteen so she was just two years older than me I thought after doing the math. I was a mathlete(math champ) in my former school. But now I was determined to keep my grades to myself to avoid drawing attention to bullies who'd make me do their homework under sweat-like conditions with little ventilation and no break.
They wouldn't even know what human rights were even if I complained of not being treated fairly. With parents who are lawyers and detectives who wouldn't understand these terms. I walked briskly while crossing the road and bumped into this skater girl who looked cool and fun."Sorry there didn't mean to hit u there, I got carried away practicing my moves to show my awesomeness" the girl said as she lent a hand. For a minute there I thought she was conceited, but I took her hand anyway. "I'm okay" I managed to say. I talked to her and realized she wasn't conceited. I asked her were the mall was and she decided to accompany me, her name was Gracie Ann.
From the looks of her she didn't look like a Gracie,I thought. Gracie's were loving, caring and sweet they also dressed the part."What are u going to do at the mall,Lena?" Gracie asked as we walked towards the mall which was a fifteen minutes walk from Wellister States. "I wanna get a makeover, from dork to prep" I said. "I see" Gracie said & nodded. In a few minutes we arrived @ the prestigious L'Amour Toujours the best salon in the whole vicinity with its owner Bridget Tutu the ambassador to France's wife. Her daughter Camilla Brunet was currently running the place in the absence of her mother.
"Welcome girls, what do u want?"she asked in a kind gesture. "I'm coming to do my hair, I want a new look, sassy and classy" I said."Okay let me try some hairstyles on u"Camilla said. After a long time, changing hairstyles I went with soft and sleek since I had long hair. Gracie said I looked 'ravishingly beautiful' but I said otherwise till I looked in the mirror. Camilla took $56 dollars and asked me if I could paint. I replied and she told me to paint a portrait of the famous model Amelié Lavigne and get her to sign so she'll attract customers. I agreed and she took my phone number. The portrait was due in the next two weeks since Amelié would come from Milan by then. I would be payed $3,000 dollars for some portrait of some damn model, like how great is that.
I asked her which Amelia Lavigne portrait I should draw and she told me. Gracie told me I should accompany her to Oakwood Estates, she was wanted to visit her friend Mackela. I agreed, Oakwood was place for the rich so I figured that Mackela could open great doors for me in the world of socializing. I expected her to be obnoxious. We arrived at a house,a big house. Remember the proverb, don't judge a book by its cover but well looking at the looks of the house I'd say don't judge a house by its infrastructure. Why? Cause if you look at the outward appearance it looked old but once u enter u'd see expensive interior designs.
Then I looked to the stairs and saw a girl, her hair wasn't very long in fact it touched her shoulders. I wonder, "Was she a maid or lady in waiting?" To my outmost surprise it was Mackela. It reminded me of when I was in Lintford, there was an evangelism group which came to my house everyday. They told me "Man looketh at the outward appearance but God looketh in the heart" and well I guess they were right. I thought Mackela would be like "Gracie dah-ling, mwah.Which snotrag have u got here?" But Mackela was very nice she was sweet, kind,interesting and had a huge sense of humour.
But there was this part of Mackela, I didn't want to try, it was the sensitive side. I'd say she was #emotionally weak. Why do I use a lot of hashtags ? Cause I love them and mum just allowed me to use twitter only on Sundays. A detective's daughter always does work that involves logical thinking and I only use it for thirty minutes. BTW Mackela got teary-eyed when I asked her where here mum was. She said "Mum has gone to Africa, West Africa to be precise. She's gone to Ghana cause of the death of a family member & has left me with dad who only sees my face on Sundays"
So pathetic IKR, Mackela sent us to her room. She asked me "Lena, which school are u going to?" Mackela asked. My mind was not there at that time cause I was admiring her awesome room especially the diamondlampstand. Diamonds are a girl's best friend. "Lenaaaa!!"Gracie called.
"Sorry I was admiring your room; Mackela I'll be going to Mayflower Academy" I said. "We too"Gracie and Mackela said in unison. "Mackie baby no offence but why'd your dad Mark Ryan(a great movie director) send his daughter to a public school?" I asked out of curiosity. "Ma says cause she didn't want me to go to those private schools blend with stuck-up celebrity children and become a pain in the neck" Mackela said. "I agree with Mackela's mum's decision, I don't want a stuck-up Mackie, only the one I know and love." Gracie said. "Besties?" I asked. "Yeah we're besties"Mackela said. "So Lena are u dating?" Mackela asked. Drumroll please,man I did not expect this question to come. "No I'm not" I said. "Hallelujah we're single besties lets call ourselves the $ Bees" Mackela said. "Okay" Grace and I chorused. We ended the day off with singing , dancing, reading & playing truth or dare. Dad came to pick me up he took Mackela's dad's number and they talked about law movies into the night. Men.
Good night, I'm off to bed.