A Glimpse Of Another Reality

Börja om från början

"Very true! You are a master at gathering your bearings in unfamiliar situations, after all!" Soobrazitelny uttered, until the realization hits her. "Wait! You just admitted being a spy! You fooled me, not gonna lie! You had this genius mechanic thinking you weren't!"

"...Perhaps the machine malfunctioned." Kronshtadt thought aloud. "If it did, I'm glad that it sent us into a vacation destination. Could've been worse. Anyways, we wouldn't learn anything if we're just standing here. Let's head to the island Volga found earlier."

"Wait, wouldn't that compromise our mission? We couldn't let others find us. They'd be suspicious." Volga cautioned.

"Then we'll just make some excuse. Let's say that we'll have a combat exercise here." Kronshtadt proffered. 'This place feels so fishy. Rather than put my suspicions to rest, this tropical setting only raised them...'

"Never gonna give you up~ Never gonna let you down~ Never gonna run around and desert you~" A faint singing was heard in the distance.

Although they were a bit far away, they noticed a white-haired girl with the height similar to Soobrazitelny, but she was a bit taller than the said destroyer.

The girl soon stopped singing and noticed the group. She then began approaching the Northern Parliament kansens in a rushed manner. "Hey, you! That area is off-limits!"

Kiev, thinking that she might pose a harm, quickly summoned her riggings and pointed her cannons at the girl. "Back off!"

"Don't shoot, Kiev! She's a civilian!" Kronshtadt held her hand in front of Kiev, stopping the destroyer.

"...Sorry." Kiev said as she unsummoned her riggings.

"Gosh, I'm terribly sorry! I hope we didn't scare you!" Volga apologized.

"Nah, it's all good." The girl waved it off. "It's my fault for approaching you like that. Plus, I'm not a civilian."

The Northern Parliament kansens soon got a better look in her. She had a pair of shiny blue eyes, and she was wearing a uniform similar to Western military officers but in color white. She had leather headband with a metal bulk in the middle similar to the ones found in belts, and on her shoulders were a thick black fur which wrapped around her neck.

"Um... hi?" Kronshtadt greeted. "Your uniform is quite unique. Would you mind telling us your name and where we are?"

"Hello there. I'm Bon Homme Richard." The girl greeted back. "You girls are currently in Samos Island."

"Are you perhaps from the Iris Libre or the Vichya Dominion?" Arkhangelsk questioned.

"I get that a lot, but no, I was born on the Eagle Union and I work for the Federation." Bon Homme replied.

"Oh, I see. And you said Samos Island just now? We must be at Aegean Sea, then." Arkhangelsk said.

Bon Homme shook her head. "Not exactly. We're in the seas of Bermuda. Sounds like you've lost your bearings. Did you sneak past the filter to play in the sun like me?"

"That's one way of putting it." Arkhangelsk answered.

"Yeah, I getcha. Sneaking around is pretty fun." Bon Homme added with a small laugh.

"You're... not gonna ask us to introduce ourselves?" Kronshtadt inquired, a bit dumbfounded at her attitude.

"Your uniforms make it pretty obvious you're from the Northern Parliament, though." Bon Homme pointed out. "Based on how distorted you sounded, I assume you must have no clue how you girls ended up here and how it happened. In other words, same as what happened to me!"