∘˚˳°

When the season ends, there's always some kind of party happening. After official dinner with managers and sponsors, athletes organize their own meeting, where they invite either friends or loved ones, drink, dance and casually have fun at this little party. This time organizers picked a niche club with unique style in the heart of Bavaria – Monachium.

       "Why am I even here?" Ilya thought to himself, getting out of the taxi, looking at the club and checking if the address is correct. Not that he doesn't trust his friend, but knowing his attitude and joking tendency, he wanted to make sure everything is alright. What caught his attention though was the fact, that it must've been something important, because Manuel seemed insecure about asking him. Blue haired man knew this doesn't happen often; the last time he saw his friend showing his insecurity was back in high school when principal called the police at him for spray painting one of teacher's car pink. Ilya shook his head, laughing. It was one of the best bets he has ever made. He didn't notice when someone poked his arm and pulled inside the building.

       - Stefan! - he laughed and after realizing what happened, patted his friend on arm - It's been a while, how are you?

       - Good, and you? I didn't expect you here, do you plan to join the team any soon? - Kraft smiled sheepishly, nudging his side - Isn't that too late? Or maybe–

       - Or maybe you shouldn't ask too many questions at once, honey - Michael laughed, emerging from behind his boyfriend - I bet Ilya has an important reason to be here - he winked at older man, who looked a bit confused.

       - Oh? - Krafti turned around and noticed that one of their beloved teammates came through the door - I see, come on, I'm longing for something to drink!

       Ilya had no time to think about what was going on, as more and more people began to swarm through the door. He still haven't noticed the man who made him come here, despite being this close, so he merged with the crowd and went to the main hall. Which didn't make finding him any harder, though, because not many people dye their spiky hair electric blue.

       Main hall wasn't really big, but surely enough to fit around hundred people. It had two other corridors, probably leading to the other exits or something. He noticed open bar in the corner and saw how few men were already sitting there and sipping beers and doing shots. There were seats made from wooden pallets, covered with nice leather cushions and bean bags for those, who are too tired to even sit. Everything was sinking in orange-ish lights, which made the atmosphere more pleasant.

       Just a few moments later he felt that his hand is being grabbed and he's being pulled back to the entrance again. Can't anyone in this room just nicely ask him to go wherever they want? It's not that hard! At least this time Ilya knew who's pulling him, it's not easy to forget your best friend's grip, is it?

       - Not to be that person, Fetti, but are you ashamed to show up with me and on time? - he asked joyfully, resting his back on the wall - Shouldn't have asked me out then.

       - Ashamed? I would be ashamed if you were up to say no, because that'd mean you chickened out - taller brunette replied, smiling troublesomely. - I didn't want to freak you out, I know you don't like crowded places...

       - That's too sweet of you, just tell me you're afraid I will steal the show - he said, booping his nose and pulled his friend back to the main hall, where they took their seats at the table. They didn't have to search for it for too long, because Stefan waved at them from the distance.

       - What is this, some kind of double date? - Ilya laughed, but didn't notice Manuel nervously swallowing his lump in the throat. Michael showed him little thumbs up in reassurance; he promised he'll try to help his friend who was in need, indeed. It resonated weird with him, to teach someone so charismatic how to date, but who is he to judge? Thank god Stefan agreed to help him with this, his mission was to distract Ilya and get to know as much as he could about their relationship. Which...wasn't easy, by the way, since Kraft isn't capable of drinking that much and thinking sober at the same time. It took almost a week to get to know the whole story, mainly because Ilya was working as a salesman at the busy shopping center, but alcohol played an important role here too. Good thing they knew each other, they didn't have to go through the "meet the friend of my friend" phase, which would be kind of awkward and could ruin their plan.

       - ...and I took that personally, you know? - Michael snapped out of his rail of thoughts, and came back to the table in cosy bar. From what he had seen, someone brought cold beer, colorful drinks and some snacks.

       - But why would she think it's a good thing to ask? - he spotted that Manu seemed to feel more comfortable in the conversation than before. They spent at least two hours planning all details yesterday, and for now, everything was going right way, including types of drinks that were brought. - Like, doesn't she know you're, you know, not interested?

       - Of course she knows, she just thinks I'm gonna change my mind one day - his friend sighed, downing that bottle of beer and placed it under the table, making all of them ring quietly. After that, he took one of the drinks, smiling coquettishly. Sex on the beach. How original!

       The conversation about brokenhearted girl (and for a brief moment Michael even pitied her) has rolled on, until the lights went dim and the music became louder.

       - Oh, they're dancing? I wish I could dance, I never danced with anyone  - Ilya shook his head laughing, seeing pairs gathering on the dance floor.

       - You can go with me, you know - Fetti kicked him under the table, smiling confidently. Lovely how this little amount of alcohol works in such a hot space. It's always the humidity, right?

       - Aren't you afraid of mean looks?

       - You suggest me that I'd be scared if someone saw me dancing with another man? - he raised an eyebrow, still smiling the way only he could smile. - Or maybe you are scared, huh?

       - No way, come on! - Ilya whispered sassily and dragged him to the crowded dance floor. Michael only gave Stefan a satisfied look and squeezed his hand gently under the table.

       They mixed with the crowd so well, no one had noticed them together. Maybe a few friends winked at them, maybe some of them smiled, but Ilya was too keen on dancing at the moment, he didn't care. He came here to show Manuel he's not a coward and show everyone else who rules the dancefloor. This is when he remembered the only time he danced was when he was doing something in the kitchen, so it's hard to call it 'dance'. And so he improvised to the tune of whatever played from the speakers.

       - And you said you've never danced, huh? - Manu laughed and pulled him closer when music suddenly slowed down. Placing his hand gently on his friend's waist, he stared into his gray eyes which suddenly ran away somewhere into the hall. Was that a mistake? Maybe he should back out and let their roads finally part? He tried to get his attention from the earliest years in high school, little spites, pushovers, just like teenagers do, but it never worked. They were friends since always, and that's what hurt him the most, probably.

       But then he felt something on his shoulders. Something warm but unsure. Something he deeply craved for a long time. It felt really good and somehow relieving at the same time. He smiled gently, rather to himself, and swayed slowly to the rhythm of the slow music.

       - Is that why? - Ilya looked at him with tiny sparks in his eyes and a little confused look on his face, looking around to see if everyone's doing the same thing. Surprisingly, he noticed that some of their friends took sneak peeks and that made him a bit more nervous than before.

       - Yeah, that's why - he replied quietly, slightly turning his friend's head back to facing him. When their foreheads finally met, well, it took them a moment to break the ice. They started at each other in awe, admiring all the details of their faces or even more: souls, before leaning into tender kiss.

Time has stopped
What is it we're waiting for?
Your eyes are saying the same thing as mine
So I start dancing