Chapter 11: Silver Stake

Start from the beginning

There was a small moment of silence where he looked at it in surprise. I didn't waste any time, lunging forward and grabbing his legs. He fell and I quickly knocked him out with the butt of my sword.

I stood up and sighed, looking at the blade. I ran my hand across the flat end and closed my eyes. The feeling in my hands grew until the blade was vibrating with power again.

Mine.

I opened my eyes and moved toward the door, feeling re-energized and strong. I was getting out of this place today.

I threw open the door and marched outside. Immediately, a group of soldiers spotted me. I smirked, running forward.

They held up their tasers and I charged, making the sword disappear. Before any of them could fire, I threw myself to the ground and slid toward them. They re-aimed the tasers as I neared, but my sword reappeared.

The men desperately stumbled back, but I swung it forward and sliced through their shins and knees.

Then I jumped back up and ran again toward the hall doors.

"Attention all security teams, Subject 42 is loose and dangerous. She is to be taken alive. Exercise extreme caution."

I laughed. Damn right I was dangerous.

I ran through the hall doors and saw a window at the end of the hall. My feet pounded against the concrete floor until soon enough, I was throwing my sword through the window.

The glass shattered and I sailed through, expecting to see grass far below. A jump out of a three story building with a magical sword is something I can live through.

But instead I was greeted by a small chamber and a baton to the face.

I crumpled to the ground and gasped, trying to turn over. Immediately, a group of men rushed forward and grabbed my arms.

I activated the sword, but my wrist was pinned down and I snarled.

The man who hit me stepped forward, his blonde hair and perfect little face making my blood boil.

"So it seems you got the sword back. Well done." He smiled.

I glared as I was pushed to my knees. "Didn't think you could keep it from me did you?"

He laughed and stepped forward, leaning down to my level. "What would the point of that be? It's the whole reason we're studying you!"

He stood back up and turned away. "You didn't really think I'd actually let you escape?"

I scowled.

"No!" He laughed. "I needed you to recreate the bond for study. You did exactly what I wanted you to, dear."

I made the sword appear again and tried to lunge forward, but I barely even budged in their grip.

"Okay, take her back to the lab. We've got work to do, people, let's go!" He clapped.

Someone stuck something into my neck and then I was out.

"Alias?"

I turned my head toward Magnus and smiled. "Hey."

"Ratchet has been looking for you." He said, sitting down next to me on the roof of base.

"I needed some air. Ratchet is super dramatic."

He shook his head. "You're seriously injured and lucky to be alive. If Ratchet forbid you from moving at all, I wouldn't think he was being dramatic."

"Oh please, I'm made of tougher metal than you realize." I rolled my eyes.

"You can't even stretch your own wings." Magnus pointed out. "Or touch your knees while standing."

"Yesterday I couldn't stand at all." I told him. "By tomorrow, I'll be running laps."

Magnus sighed. "Alias, you need to be careful with yourself. You're not as invincible as you think."

I scoffed. "You knew me for a week, Magnus. Now you think you know me better than myself?"

He looked away, hurt flickering across his expression.

I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"No, you're right." Magnus bitterly. "I've been searching for a girl for five years and I barely know her."

I looked at him and bit my lip. "Magnus... I'm grateful you've been looking for me, but I'm okay now. I'm fine."

"Then be careful." He urged. "Alias, I cannot lose someone else."

"You're not going to lose me." I smiled and put my hand on him.

"I did." He stated. "For five years."

I looked away from him over the military encampment and sighed. Yeah. I know.

"What happened?" He asked. "Where have you been?"

"After the battle I woke up. I felt weird and..." I trailed off, lost in the memory.

I felt weak. Empty. As if all of my being had been ripped out of me. Suddenly, a large metal hand picked me up gently and I rolled over, limp.

I stared up into Magnus's face.

I was going to die wasn't I? It was over now. Primus didn't need me.

"Thanks Magnus. For being my friend. And I'm sorry about this." I whispered.

He shook his head worriedly. "You don't have to be sorry about anything."

Magnus looked up at Ratchet and I smiled softly, watching his face until the world started to disappear.

Everything seemed to shift and turn until I was laying back on the ground, my face looking up at the sky.

It was night.

I sat up and groaned, feeling... unnatural.

"So what happened next?" Magnus asked.

"I don't know." I admitted. "There was just that feeling and then..."

"Then...?"

"Find out how it's doing that. I want to know everything."

"Separate it from the host."

"You will never get out of here."

"Operation Silver Stake."

"What is this... substance?"

"Take her out!"

"Then?" I frowned. "Then it all went to scrap."

"How?" Magnus demanded. "Did someone do this to you? Who was it?"

"I..." I trailed off, trying to find the words.

Suddenly an orange and white bot found his way onto the roof.

"Alias!" He snapped. "I told you to stay in your cot! Ultra Magnus, I expected better from you! Now get inside! Both of you!"

I stood up and Magnus frowned.

"Alias, wait-"

"Ep ep ep!" Ratchet glared, snatching me up. "She needs medical attention."