the one with the ex girlfriend

ALL AMERICAN: HOMECOMING SEASON 1 EPISODE 2 (PART ONE)

"So what if I move my American Lit class to Monday and African Diaspora to Fridays- that should be good right, Lex?" Simone asked her friend as she was trying to figure out her fall semester classes

"So what if I move my American Lit class to Monday and African Diaspora to Fridays- that should be good right, Lex?" Simone asked her friend as she was trying to figure out her fall semester classes. The two were in line for class registration because class was about to start tomorrow. Simone woke up Alex too early and dragged her line without getting a coffee first.

She didn't get response because Alex had her eyes close. The Austin girl was trying to make up for the sleep she had lost when her roommate woke her up earlier than intended and didn't even bring her coffee.

"Lex!" Simone shoved her shoulder. "Girl, wake up already."

Alex jolted awake and glared at the girl. "Why didn't you bring me coffee first, Simone? You know you won't get a very pleasant Alex without coffee in her system."

"You were the one who said you would go with me first thing in the morning so we don't miss the classes we actually want. Plus, if I went by myself then I would be stuck talking to myself."

"And talking to yourself is a sign of insanity." Someone suddenly said from behind them. The girls turned around and saw Damon standing behind them. He was wearing his baseball uniform and a grin on his face.

"You look way too happy for being in line before 9am." Alex said first as she looked at him up and down.

Simone looked at her friend and could tell Alex was trying not to make it obvious that she was checking Damon out. Baseball players were known as one of Alex's types and baseball uniforms was a weakness. Nonetheless, Damon was oblivious to the gawking, but Simone had to pull Alex out of it before he could notice.

"Some people get their days started before 9am, Lex." Simone retorted back because she knew most of the time Alex slept in unless she has to be up early for any reason. The girl's excuse was that school started tomorrow and today was would've been her last day sleeping in before school started.

"Well, good for them, but you know I won't get up early unless I truly have to like school, but someone decided to threaten me by pouring water over my head," She looked over to Damon," and by the way Damon, I've talked to myself plenty of times and I've never gone insane."

"How about that time I called you and you spent five minutes of our call talking to yourself?" He asked.

Alex pointed to his chest to defend herself. "In my defense, I was editing a video when you called and I was in my zone, so I couldn't exactly stop."

"Even for me?"

"Yes, Damon, even for you."

The two went back and forth for the next minute. Simone could sense this was a moment for the so called 'friends', so she excused herself to get a coffee, but couldn't leave before saying, "By the way talking to myself means I am alert, aware, and in touch with my feelings. That's how girl means business. Period."