the one with the moving in

ALL AMERICAN: HOMECOMING SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 (PILOT)

LOS ANGELES

THE DODGER GAME played in the background as Alex packed her last suitcase. Her flight for Atlanta is leaving in a few hours, but Raquel couldn't drop her off because she had an important work meeting to attend to. Jeffery couldn't do it because he was helping out Alex and Aiden's grandma in Seattle. In all honesty, Alex would rather have Uncle Don drop her off. Her mom was a work-alcoholic ever since the divorce finalized and her dad wasn't around much anymore. He was doing this or that. Alex didn't know, but he would much rather be at the home he bought with his then wife. Jeffery moved into a nice townhouse, but it just wasn't the same. "You're gonna need to text him at some point." She said to her friend Layla who was lying down.

Layla sighed aloud, laying her phone down next to her. "I know. What do I say?" They were talking about one of the guys that work with the younger music producer at her studio. He was hot, to say the least. Alex has seen a picture of him and was easy on the eyes.

"I don't know, Lay, how about a 'Hi, how are you? Did you want to get lunch this weekend?'"

"It's not that simple, Lex. He's my coworker I don't want to ruin that." Alex put a shirt in the give away pile.

"Layla, he isn't your boyfriend- yet, so you can say whatever you want."

"This is harder than I thought." The Keating Girl let out sigh, giving the the shirt Alex asked for.

"It's harder because it's not high school anymore." Alex replied back, folding the shirt, and putting it in her suitcase. It's been about a month and since Alex and her friends finally graduated from high school. In early May, Alex and Simone ended up choosing to go to Bringston University. She felt happy with her choice.

A knock on the door was heard. "Hey Lex, honey, you ready to go? Uncle Don is here." Her mom asked peaking her head through the door. Raquel was dressed in her work outfit because she came home for her lunch break to say goodbye to her daughter.

With that, Alex looked around her room for one last time. It wasn't totally empty, but she was still sad to leave her childhood bedroom. She wasn't going to have the same furniture since she was going to be living in a dorm. Jeffery offered to buy an apartment for his daughter, but Alex politely declined. She was thankful for her dad and his offer, but Alex wanted to live the full college experience with a dorm and a communal bathroom. Her roommate was going to be Simone, so she was okay with living in a dorm. Alex was gonna miss her room. Her space for the past 18 years and now she was going to be leaving it.

"Yeah, I'm ready." She nodded with an 'I'm ready' smile. Raquel returned it back. Her only daughter was going to college. There was a slight ache in her chest.

A loud thud was heard from the staircase as Alex, Layla, and Raquel made it downstairs. "What happened?" A panicked Don asked with Asher right behind him matching the look on Don's face.