6| Net

"So I guess we are a team by default." Jisoo stretched her hand which Jungkook took with a formal smile on his face.

"Looks like they are the only ones getting an extravagant greeting," he indicated Dami jumping on Jimin like that.

Jisoo let out a soft chuckle. "Are you jealous?"

"Huh?" Jungkook actually could not catch what Jisoo was saying since he was too busy watching the siblings fighting even before the game started. "Nothing," she muttered before standing beside him.

"What if all the teams won one game each?" Y/n asked the wisest question that nobody even thought of for once.

"Then we will decide traditionally," Jimin said, "Rock, paper and scissors." Everyone except Jungkook and Jisoo breathed a sigh of relief.

Are they kids or what?

Is it even a dating reality show? Why on earth will I date kids?

Jungkook and Jisoo thought to themselves respectively.

The game started with a match between Jimin-Dami's team and Taehyung-Y/n's team since one member from each of these two teams were too enthusiastic about the competition. The team who would lose were supposed to play the next game.

The game ended with a tight competition, a lot of curses and swear words which they assumed would be edited out from the show and the team of Jimin and Dami winning.

Taehyung and Y/n's team faced two consecutive loses since they lost the match with Jungkook's team as well. Jimin noticed how fierce Jungkook was in the game.

"Just saying, even if we lose," Dami looked at Jimin who was talking, "It will not be on us. Jungkook seems to be really competitive. He clearly wants to win."

Dami looked ahead at Jungkook who was happily giving Jisoo a high five to celebrate their victory. She shifted her gaze to Jimin. "We will win."

When the final match was about to start and the two teams with one win each were standing face to face, Jungkook shouted,

"Oi, Kim Dami."

The brunette very reluctantly responded to him with just raising one eyebrow. "I hope you are prepared to lose." She scoffed, taking her stance. "I'm not going to lose, Jeon."

The game started for the third time, this time aiming to determine the final winner. Jungkook rolled the ball before throwing it up in the air. He followed it by jumping up. The ball came in contact with his palm. He slammed it on the edge of the borderline of the opposite side of the net.

The ball went past between Dami and Jimin. None of them could even touch the ball. "Change service to a different player of the same team." Taehyung refereed since there was no one else to do it.

Jisoo took the ball and served it. Her serve did not have much power to it. Jimin easily passed it again on the other side of the net. Jungkook was about to shoot it but Jisoo suddenly came in front of him, causing him to lose control over the ball and accidentally putting too much strength in his toss.

Dami tried to touch the ball but because of the excessive amount of force put into the shot, her fingers bruised as soon as she tried to block it. Controlling the momentum of the ball was impossible for her at that moment.

Jungkook noticed how she flinched but Jimin was fast to reach her. "What happened?" His worried voice was heard. Jungkook rushed to Dami's side and took her hand to see how reddened it was. Taehyung was also there by that time.

"Can't you be even a little careful?" Jungkook's jaw tightened. He was upset but the reason was unknown to even himself. He grabbed her hand and dragged her along to the room where he had seen a box of first aid, kit earlier this morning.

Dami was speechless. The pain and Jungkook's reaction to it both made her lose ability to speak. Taehyung was about to follow them but Jimin stopped him.

"Jungkook will take care of it."

They sat in chairs positioned across from each other. Jungkook first took some ice and tapped on the reddened part on her hand gently. His eyes were worried-eyebrows furrowed the whole time.

Dami could not help staring at him-the way his fringes were getting in the way of his keen gaze on her hand-his mole under his bottom lip moved in the way his attentive face muscles made it to.

Jungkook put some ointment on a bandaid and very carefully wrapped her fingers with it. "Don't wash-" he caught her staring causing Dami to abruptly gaze elsewhere. He would probably stare at her too if she did not take her eyes off of him like that. The male stifled a laugh.

"Are you perhaps," Jungkook leaned in to take a good look at her face-eyes trailing down to her tensed up chin teasingly, "Nervous?"

"What?" The brunette squeaked and gave him an incredulous look afterwards. "Oh, come on." Jungkook pulled the chair, Dami was in, towards him. "I am shirtless and we are less than a foot away."

"You," Dami pointed to Jungkook with her index finger, "Make me feel only weird."

"Really?" Jungkook cocked his head to the side, leaning in the process-his face dangerously close to hers. "I thought I made you feel awkward."

"Huh?"

Jungkook let out a laugh, moving away. "I always pondered over what to do around you. For me," he gazed into her hazel coloured eyes. "You were the person who would be always on the opposite side of the net. The person whom I could never touch―who was so close yet so far."

Dami's mouth opened involuntarily. "You can touch, though. There are multiple holes in the net and the net being reasonably low makes it even easier." It made her earn a finger flick on the forehead from Jungkook.

"Oww," she winced in pain. Dami had forgotten how it felt like after not getting hit in a long time. "What was that for?"

"You talk too much."

_________

Vote for the chapter please.

Yeah yeah. Talk on friendly terms. How long will it gonna last anyway? If there are exes living in the same house, I'm telling you, it will either end with love or a huge heart wrenching fight. There's no in between. Btw how was your day?