H I S P R O M I S E -DO KYUNGSOO X YOU

H I S P R O M I S E

-It had been four days since you last seen your best friend, Kyungsoo.

He had a vacation at his aunt's province, and quite sadly, though naturally, you had no choice but to be left alone--friendless.

You heaved a sigh as you parted the curtains and peered out of the window : You missed him already and you wished that he'd be back soon.

There's no one to talk to in your house. Not because you were alone but because of the fact that the people in your house had seemed forgotten your existence. Your father and your mother were busy doing their business. And your sister, who treated you nothing better than someone with leprosy, did not talk to you, let alone looked at you.

You felt your eyes stung in tears as memories of your family's indifference toward you swarmed your head, and you hastily wiped your eyes with the back of your hand; No one in this pretty village seemed to live a life pitiful than yours.

A sob escaped from your throat as you finally drawn the curtains, deciding to stop peering through the window, because Kyungsoo wasn't coming no matter how long you peer through it.

Your treacherous tears fell down your cheeks and again, you wiped it so ferociously that you felt your face burned by the friction.

You whipped around, turning your back to the window, only to find yourself face to face with a boy owning a heart shaped lips.

"K-kyungsooyah.." you stammered, eyes round in surprise and happiness.

Then, deciding that it might be a hallucination, you blinked twice, thrice and fourth times, and even slapped your cheeks with both of your hands. But even doing so, the image of your best friend was still there, staring at you with his big, round eyes ; an amused smile painted on his lips.

"I told you not to cry." he told you quietly.

"H-how-? Were you not at your Aunt's? And..how did you get into my room? I didn't hear you opening the door.." you asked, disregarding his note. You stared at him through tears strained eyes, as though expecting he'd vanish in any minute.

"You were deep in thoughts and you're looking out the window. You also forgot to lock the door." he simply stated, and without another word, strode the remaining distance between you and squeezed you in a bear hug.

You felt your heart flutter weirdly as you were pressed against his chest. Your cheeks flared crimson and your head seemed to swell in happiness.

"I missed you." he breathed against your hair and kissed you on the forehead.

The place where his lips touched burned and your heart felt so swollen ; you were afraid it might burst out. It has been like this..Like this since long ago.

And you knew, though trying to suppress it, that you were in love with your best friend. Many times --countless times in fact, you wondered whether he, your popular heartthrob best friend, felt the same about you. But you did not ask. Kyungsoo was the last person you had. And if he left you, stayed away from you, you had no idea what to do next or how to survive the world-totally forlorn.