Chapter 8

After another few moments of sitting on the edge of the cliff with damnon we both decided that we should get back on the road. So we both had walked slowly back to the car.

It was only just light out when we got to the outskirts of town were the cemetary and the old Fallen Church was. The cemitary surrounded the Church from all sides, was hundreds of years old and no longer in use. The air was think with the scent of must, mould, decay and death that was carried to us in a thick wave of fog that covered the whole area and got thicker as Damon drove, but still he didnt slow down. All around me i could only just make out the outlines of tombstones and trees that were scattered around the rough old dirt road. 'you know if you concentraite your powers to yuor eyes you'll be able to see better' Damon startled me out of my head, so i decided to do what he had said.

I closed my eyes and felt the power running to my head as i concentraited. Then when i opened them again i saw a new world. I could see straight through the fog i couold even see the engravements on the tombstones, i gasped at my new sight and funny enough the only thing i was able to say was 'cool' Damon smiled at my comment just as we pulled up to the front of the church.

It was massive, the church was about the size of a mansion. It would have been beautiful when it was used but it looked as if no one has come near this church for years. It was made of some sort of stone and had angels and other creatures all carved into the stone by what looked like hand. I could only just make out the tip of the high roof from over the front porch shelter which was nearly as high as the roof itself. creepers and vines were covering the outside of the stone walls and i could see cracks in the stone as i made my way up to the front doors with Damon in tow. The doors were huge! they were wooden and about three times the size of Damonand me combined. I shoved them hard with both hands, but they didnt budge so i decided to go for the run up. 'Stop Aim's your going to hurt your self' Damon said after about 10 minutes of bashing both shoulders against the door. I turned to face him and with a smirk on my face said ' i bet you a shopping trip and $50 that i can get this door open' he got up after i said this but i knew he wouldnt resist a bet. 'alright then your on. but instead of shopping ill go hunting when i win'  'as if you'd win this bet' i shouldnt have bet with him because i have a very unfair advantage, but still i needed a new sword and that $50 would get me one.

 i flicked out my talons (Damons new nickname for my nails) and  clawed a chunk of wook from around the lock, i did so for 5 minutes then stepped back when the wood was very thin around the lock and the handles on the door. 'ha i knew you wouldnt be able to do it' he stood up and laughed at me. 'who said i was finished' i told him just as my boot collided with the door. the impact broke the locks and the door flew open and i went with the door, falling flat on my face. Damon, who didnt even bother trying to help me, burst into laughter and fell on the floor clutching his sides. 'oh shut up Damon' 'ha ha...as..if haha' i sighed and smirked at him, 'im not the one who owes a shopping trip and $50. sucka!'. That on the other hand did shut him up. 'your evil you know that' he still had a playful tone in his voice which was rare for him, so i decided to keep with our convisation for a while longer 'when did you figure that one out' i laughed at him.

Damon stopped laughing and went back to his usual ready for anything tone. 'ok lets keep going' he told me. I poulled my sword out from its sheath, stepped into the church and instantly regretted it.

A big blade came crashing through one side of the entrance corridior and would have hit me if Damon hadn't shoved, and i mean SHOVED me past it. I ended up flying 10 feet into the corridor and smashing the frail wooden door at the end, Then i skidded on  marble floor upside down on my back then I hit the base of the stairs landing straight on my head. 'ahhr' i said trying to get up. i put my hand down so i could push myself up and instantly felt a slice of pain shoot through my left arm. Turns out my little flying stunt had caused me to slice my arm accidently with the blade of my sword. Damon was instantly at my side helping me to stand on the marble floor which had a big pooling puddle of blood on it.

I instanly saw Damon struggling not to rip me open and drink my blood. I pushed him in the direction of the door that i broke, its splintered wood still hanging on the hinges. 'Go Damon ill be fine' i told him.  '....heal...yourself' was all he could say before he took off in a blur. And i was left in the big old church with my now pooling blood on its beautiful marble floor.