Chapter 3: Side Effect

Akira’s POV

I could feel the horrid pain every time I touch the red bump on my head. How can this be? How can this evil person actually be pure hearted? This can't be true. There must be a mistake. I pouted as I watch Eri walk back and forth with the phone close to her ear.

"Why isn't dad picking up the phone?" I heard Eri asked. When she looked slowly over to me, I quickly showed her my sweetest smile. She glared at me in a cute way. Why does she hate me? Or maybe she was just showing her love threw hate. Yeah, dream on.

"What am I doing? He never answers the phone" Eri said as she hung up the phone. I can tell her voice hold a sorrow tone. I wonder when was the last time she talked to her father. Then Eri quickly looked toward my way with most serious glare.

I show her my playful smile.

"Why won't you go back home?" she said in an unpleasant tone.

"I am home" I said as I sat in her comfy bed. Then Eri gave me her death glare to get off the bed. I quickly got up before she threw another item.

"Then change back into a wolf" she suggested

"Impossible" I simply said.

"ERI!" I heard Takashi near by.

"Great! Takashi is awake!" I said joyfully as I ran toward the door.

"WAIT!" Eri hollered as she blocked my way. I can hear Takashi’ footsteps coming closer and closer.

"Eri, is someone in there with you" Takashi asked.

"I bet Takashi will be surprised to see me" I said excitedly

"Are you INSANE! This mean trouble for me!" said Eri as she quickly looked around the room.

"Trouble?" I retorted, clueless

"If Takashi finds out that a guy is in my room…….."

"ERI?" Takashi’s voice was right behind the door.

"For now, let's keep this a secret from Takashi." Eri said while biting her nails

"But………" Before I said another word Eri pushed me into her dark closet.

"Hey Takashi" I heard Eri say.

"I thought I heard a voice in here" Takashi said as he roamed his eyes around the room.

'Yep that voice was me.' I thought as I stood in the dark closet.

"I'm going to be out and I assume that you're going to Natsume’s party?" I heard Takashi said.

A party? Hmm, I did heard Eri talking on the phone yesterday about a Christmas party.

BAM! Ouch, did I bump into something. Man, I wish I could see in here.

"Hey, is there something in your closet?" Takashi asked as I heard his footstep coming towards the closet where I’m hiding in.

"It's probably Little Wolf" Eri said quickly. Didn't I tell her not to call me that?

"No wonder your room smells like crap. You better take Little Wolf a bath" Takashi suggested still his eyes on the closet

What?! Do I smell like a crap?!

"Let's get out" Eri said as her voice faded away. I slowly stepped out of the closet.

"I don't smell like crap" I said as I sniff myself.

RingRingRing

I heard Eri’s phone rang. I walked toward the phone and picked it up. I press a button that says 'talk.' I held the phone close to my ear.

"Hey Eri! I hope you didn't forget about the Christmas party!" A familiar voice chirped. She must be the girl Eri talked to last night.

"Guess who’s coming?" The girl said. I stayed silent.

"DAICHI!!" the girl said it so loudly, I back away from the phone. Daichi?

"Aren't you exited? You better thank me later. It took me a long time to get your crush to join my Christmas party" she said.

Crush? Eri has a crush?

"Ok I have to go now. See you later!" she said as she hung up the phone.

"Eri has a crush…….." I said terrified. I dropped the phone and stood like a zombie. I never thought Eri will have a crush. Then again I should have expected it.

"This is bad…." I mumbled.

"Hey!" Eri yelled as she popped out in front of me.

"I'm going to my friend Christmas party so stay here until then" Eri said. I watched Eri grabbed a dress from her closet. She must be getting ready for the party. Eri walked towards the bathroom. I quickly followed behind her. Before she went in, she turned around and glared at me.

IF LOOKS COULD KILL -.-

"Why are you following me?" she hissed.

"I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if we go to the party together." I suggested. She looked at me unpleasantly.

"I'm going to change so don't even think about coming in here" she said as she walked inside the bathroom.

"Like I want to" I mumbled.

"What did you say?" I heard Eri say. Damn, I thought she went in the bathroom.

"Nothing" I say, innocently. Eri shut the door. I jumped into Eri comfy bed. I lay down and looked at the white ceiling.

"So Eri’s crush is coming to the party" I said softly. Then I grinned lightly as I planned to follow her secretly to the party.

---

End for Chap 3