PULCHRITUDINOUS. 05

Start from the beginning

(Y/n)'s eyes drifted downward left as she finished that last statement.

Megumi noticed her behavior, something she did so often as a kid.

"i think we should head inside. we had a long day and could use some rest," Megumi stated.

everyone agreed, resulting in all the students to walk towards the dorms.

Yuuji and Nobara were ahead, discussing whatever it was that caused the girl to be annoyed and yell at the boy. the 2nd years followed behind while Megumi walked a lot slower to walk side by side with (Y/n) and Mochi.

he continued to admire her features. how her hair looked more smooth, soft, and maintained unlike the past. how her lips were a nice tinted pink and her skin, bright and fair.

she was the complete opposite of her uncle.

"is something wrong Megumi?"

he realized he was staring too long.

"no, nothings wrong... ehm, do you have a room here?" he fretted.

"I don't actually, now that I think about it."

"you can rest in my room until sensei comes back."

"thank you."

everyone left for their rooms, none questioning and picking on Megumi for inviting the young Gojo to his room.

upon entering his room, Mochi immediately jumped on the bed while (Y/n) took a seat on the floor, leaning against a wall.

"Mochi off the bed. it's not your room."

"he's fine, don't worry about it. you don't have to sit on the floor though, you can slide a chair over."

"im more comfortable on the floor, but thank you."

Megumi nodded as he grabbed a chair and sat down. his eyes wondered to (Y/n) again, who had eyes shut as her head was tilted upward.

she looked tired.

"(Y/n), I didn't want to ask you earlier because it could make you uncomfortable, but what happened in the time you were with them? the higher ups?"

her eyes opened, staring at the ceiling.

oh how the memories of her spending countless and restless nights laying on the floor with Mochi flooded her mind. her coming back to her so called room with bruises and scrapes from the training she had to endure.

it was hell. and she cried. cried until there were no tears left to cry.

"it was tiring..."

Megumi could already see it in her eyes that she truly meant it. the slight bags and her now slumped posture was self evident. she looked miserable just sitting there.

it was all visible.

Megumi felt bad now, seeing her in this state he had caused.

he got up from his position and sat down next to (Y/n). he placed his hand on the side of her head before lightly pushing her head on his shoulder like he did not long ago.

"what-"

"sleep. you need it."

the girl said nothing as she rested her head on his shoulder. never once since she was with the higher ups did she have a peaceful slumber, but now it seemed like she could finally allow herself to rest soundly.

it took mere minutes for her to relax and fall in a deep sleep.

once Megumi was aware of her condition, he carried her bridal style and brought her to his bed.

Mochi noticed his actions and got off, letting him place the sleeping beauty down and covering her with the blanket.

he made sure she was comfortable and examined her resting face.

she was finally at peace for once.

he looked down at Mochi who stared up at him with a wagging tail.

"thank you for taking care of her, Mochi."

________________

"(Y/n) can take the room next to yours since it's vacant. it's also convenient in case she ever needs you at night," Gojo smiled as he recalled times he found (Y/n) sleeping with Megumi when they were younger.

the boy hummed at his answer as he ruffled Mochi's fur, unaware of the suggestive thoughts his teacher had.

"since (Y/n) will be having her own room, you should help her shop for some items. take Nobara and Yuuji with you so they can get to know her a bit more," Gojo added as he handed Megumi his black card.

"you sure you're okay with me holding this?" he questioned, still taking the card.

"of course! i know you're not going to and neither (Y/n) will spend all of it."

but there's Kugisaki and Itadori...

"okay."

Megumi got up to leave once he finished the sweets Gojo got while he was away.

he wasnt really a sweets type of guy, but here and there he would enjoy its wonderful taste.

"Megumi-kun."

Megumi stopped to look back at Gojo who no longer had a carefree smile.

"take good care of her. i can no longer provide the same love and care like i did in the past. but, i know you can give her a world she could never experience up until now."

.
.
.

"i will."

.
.
.

__________________________________________

"only you can cease my loneliness."

- anon