It’s best for children to play together.

If we get closer naturally, we can talk about various things. Then…

Pop-

And then, and then…

I froze as I saw a bright smile.

It was because Theo, who received the ball from me, mercilessly popped it with his hand.

‘No, I don’t think so. He’s so scary!’

Theo, who threw the ball that had now become a piece of rubber, came closer to me.

I looked at Theo, holding my breath.

Beyond the black hair that covered his face, a well-groomed look that would have been praised everywhere else if not called the symbol of the devil.

And right next to my ear, my slender neck, a sound was heard.

“Was I not clear? Do you want me to take your intestines out?”

“…”

It was scary. The child in front of me did not feel like a child.

I just really felt like he was going to kill me, and tears came to my eyes from fear.

Theo smiled as he saw me trembling in front of him. Then he gently pushed my shoulder away as if there was nothing more to see.

As if it were a signal, I took a small step backward. The sound of shoes being dragged to the floor disturbed the quiet air.

That was then. Several children were heard laughing and chatting in the immediate vicinity.

I looked at them subconsciously.

I thought no one would come to the abandoned building except Theo…

Should I run away? Maybe run to those kids…

The children were trying to turn around.

“Ah!”

But at that moment, I felt a hand push me away. As a result, I was pushed toward the pillars of the building.

‘Why so sudden?’

As I was about to stick my head out in front of me, something blocked me.

‘Huh…?’

It was none other than Theo’s back.

‘Did you hide me?’

I followed his will and held my breath quietly.

“Hmm, what is it? Aren’t you the son of a devil? Have you been hiding in this place?”

After a while, the voice of a boy of the same age was heard. Apparently, the children who turned their heads this way were approaching Theo.

“This place suits someone as ominous as you.”

When I listened closely, it was a voice I knew.

‘William? Is that William?’

William, who I knew, was a rather timid and shy child.

I remember having a few conversations because I met him sometimes.

But in front of Theo, he was even smiling while saying this casually.

‘That double-faced guy…’

No matter how young a child is, I couldn’t let go of such vicious harassment.

But…

What did they even know?

Theo, who blocked my view, held one hand back.