"We can't stay longer there, Mom? Why?" Takang tanong ni Princess.

"I thought we will be staying there for good?"

I sighed. "I never said those, Diana. I only tell you that we will visit grandpa there. He is sick that's why we need to go there..." I looked at them eyes to eyes. "Do you understand me darlings?"

The both of them pouted, I comb their hair softly. Hindi pa naman talaga ako sure kung magtatagal ba talaga kami do'n. Time will tell. I just don't want to give them false hope that we will stay there longer.

We heared a man's voice coming inside our condo. I smiled widely.

"Ninong is here..." Mahinang sabi ko.

There face lightened up and run towards the living room. We saw Jake with a donuts on his hand. Kaagad namang kinuha ng dalawang bata 'yon.

"I bought it for a last eat with all of you. I'll surely miss you and the kids. Maglalaan ako ng oras para bisitahin kayo do'n." Sabi niya at pumunta sa'kin at hinalikan ang noo ko.

I smiled sadly. "It's okay if you are that busy, Jake. You don't have to worry about us. I will tell the kids nalang to call you para hindi mo sila mamiss."

I watched the kids happily eating their donuts that their Ninong brought them.

"What will you say again?" I reminded them.

"Thank you, Ninong Jake!" Sabay na sigaw ng dalawa.

"You're Welcome, babies." He softly uttered.

Jake has a soft spot for kids because of his special sibling. Kaya masaya siya ng kinuha ko siya bilang Ninong ng mga anak ko. Hindi man naging kami, atleast naging Ninong siya ng mga anak ko. And we stayed as what we are in the first place, we are still friends.

We arrived at the airport at 7pm sharp. Jake drived us to the airport, ayoko mang lisanin ang lugar kung saan ako namulat sa totoong buhay. I still wanted to see my father.

No matter how I loved the place, I need to go home because family matters. Iyon ang sinabi ko noon na kapag nawalan ng trabaho si Thadeus dahil sa'kin. His family will suffer and I don't want that.

Because at the end of the day, family still matters.

"I will surely miss you girls..." Jake uttered to the kids.

"We will miss you too, Ninong!" They hugged each other.

I can't help but to smile and feel emotional because of the scene. Alam kung gustong-gusto na nila akong tanongin about sa daddy nila. But instea of asking it, they keep it to theirselves. I can see it on their eyes how they longed for a father.

"Ingat kayo do'n ah? Balitaan mo 'ko kapag nakarating na kayo." He kissed my forehead and Zianna's.