The Missing Piece

Start from the beginning

Moving on, the next Marauder is the one and only Remus J. Lupin. Now Remus is different from his friends. Not only is he a werewolf (a fact I found out last year when he had one too many firewhiskeys) but he is much more quiet and studious compared to his chaps. He is the strong and silent Marauder. He is always thinking of others and is the most sensitive and kind-hearted boy I have ever met. This might be the reason I had a major crush on him for two years. Or maybe it is his dark blue eyes that strongly resemble the ocean. Not that I pay attention to such things about Remus… anymore. He also has a surprisingly muscular body. I always figured it was due to his maraudering escapades with his friends. But this crush on Remus was extinguished when something very unexpected happened. Something in the form of the last, and incredibly infuriating, James Potter.

James Potter. What is there to say about James Potter? Well, he is the most sought after boy at Hogwarts for one. Even more so than Sirius and Remus. He is extremely rich and he is the heir to one of the oldest and well-respected pureblood families in the world. Not to mention he is annoyingly good-looking. He has a body to die for, "run your fingers through" soft black hair, full, pink lips (not that I stare at his lips often, it's just… I mean c'mon. They're kind of hard not to stare at), and two of the most beautiful hazel eyes I've ever seen. Even with his glasses, he is undoubtedly the best looking boy I've ever met.

But James Potter is not all good-looks and galleons. He's also the most arrogant, annoying, conceited, infuriating, big-headed, stubborn person I've ever known. We, Potter and I, don't exactly have the brightest past. Ever since the first day on the train in first year when James turned my hair purple and I said he looked stupid with his glasses, we've been sworn enemies. We would prank and make fun of each other incessantly. That is, until fourth year when James found out that I was a girl. He all of a sudden had a major crush on me and would constantly ask me out. It was beyond all things annoying. Then last summer, James' parents died fighting Voldemort. He came back to school more mature, reserved, and surprisingly, he was named Head Boy. But the biggest surprise of all was that we, well, became… friends. Through rounds I got to know the real James Potter; the sweet, funny, sometimes insecure boy that few people knew. It's now November and I have confided in James things that I've never even told Bella and Alice. He has surprised me immensely and… it scares me.

Anyway, back to dinner. So I'm sitting there with my darlingest friends just discussing our lessons when suddenly I feel something graze my foot. I look up and everything seems normal.

"Maybe I imagined it," I thought to myself.

So I go back to the conversation on the impossible Potions test earlier when I feel it again. But this time it more… rubs against my foot. I look up again and instantly get lost in a pair of deep, mischievous hazel eyes. I tilted my head to the side and the corners of James' mouth quirk up as he continues rubbing his foot against mine. He then joins Sirius' discussion on dungbombs without stopping the "dance of the feet" as I've now named it. But the strange part was that I didn't want him to stop. The feeling of his foot brushing on mine sent tingles up my leg and got my heart beating hard and fast. And then the butterflies came. That's when I knew I was done for.

"BOOOOOOM!"

Everyone in the Great Hall jumped at the sudden crash of thunder. This included James' foot leaving mine. And I couldn't help but miss the warmth it sent throughout my body.

"Oh Merlin… this cannot be happening… no…" I thought with this strange and scary realization.

I jumped out of my seat startling everyone. I started rambling an excuse, "I, um, got to, uh, go. Yeah, go. To the dorms. Yeah, the dorms, because I have some, uh, stuff, and other stuff to do. Yup, stuff. So, I'll see you guys, uh, later! Bye!"