❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

Start from the beginning

"Again, why are they here?" He questioned, raising his eyebrow as he inquisitively waited for a response from anyone at this point. He didn't even know their name, and yet they were comfortably treating him like some spoiled house pet that is constantly praised and groomed.

The soldier who was initially avoiding looking in the two's general direction, after repeatedly drawing on his hand with his index fingers and made a motion to swallow whatever he was drawing, stepped forward beside his equally anxious partner.

Similarly dipping his head downwards lightly in a respectful greeting, he then lifted it back up and stared at the scene fully before him for only the second time since he's walked in.

"This is the person who escaped from the jail in the city by taking out all of the guards, sir!"

'That wasn't me but I should probably keep that to myself.' (Y/N) thought while pursing their lips and looking away, the reminder of how Heizou put the blame on them a sour one. They would definitely have to get back at him one way or another and they refused to leave Inazuma before then.

Eyes briefly widening before returning to its neutral position, Gorou nodded his head in understanding and suddenly felt his mood change all at once. He let a small smile upturn his lips as he turned to his side in order to properly greet them.

"I see. Well then, it's my pleasure to meet you—"

Cutting himself off from talking as a jolt went up his spine, Gorou blinked repeatedly as he felt them once again thread their fingers through his tail to feel the soft fur against their skin.

'THEY'RE STILL PETTING HIS TAIL!' Both soldiers shouted in their minds in unison as they stared fearfully at the newcomer and their brave actions. This made them have no doubt they would outright defy the Sakoku and Vision hunt Decrees, it seemed as if no one had authority over them in their mind— since a literal general of a defiant and merciless resistance was seen as just an adorable stray animal to them.

Gorou coughed into a closed fist before subtly attempting to swat them away so his fellow resistance members couldn't see the shameful display, though (Y/N) didn't lessen their grip in the slightest as they stayed just beside him and continued to play with his tail.

Turning his attention back over towards the two men in front of him, he ignored (Y/N) once again, which he found was an effective use of diverting the tense atmosphere. He nodded his head and dismissed what he was going to say earlier while letting his smile drop to its neutral position.

'Is he not going to say anything?!' The two wondered, looking back and forth between Gorou and (Y/N) and wondering why he didn't bother to force them to stop or anything.

"Well, we have work to do. Apologies we couldn't greet you under better circumstances but the next battle is nearing and I need everyone to be in their top condition." He said, addressing (Y/N) without looking over at them as he nodded his head to himself and went back to his professional exterior.

"That being said, get back to work." Gorou commanded, the order clearly meant for the two soldiers that were in much need of training after the last battle that barely held together their defense. He needed to be strict, after all, this was a matter of life or death for each and every one of the members here.

"YES GENERAL GOROU!" The two answered in sync before glancing over at (Y/N) and back at each other, realizing he didn't order for them to leave and only the pair. The two sweat dropped before silently deciding they would discuss it outside, walking out of the tent and letting the entrance close behind them while hoping for the best.

Once he knew the soldiers were away and heading to where they were stationed by the sound of their footsteps receding, he felt his ears perk up instead of being pressed down against his head as he turned and looked over at the strange foreign 'criminal', one he would have more respect for if they hadn't put themself in this situation. It made him question if this were truly the same person who took out all the elite guards in the prison, eliminating all the soldiers of the Tenryou without a vision when even a small squadron of some of his own people would struggle against the amount.

"You, I assume you arrived to combine forces if the rumors are true. We greatly appreciate that. If you would be so willing, could you assist my soldiers in their training?"

"Nah, I like it here."

"..."

Attached like a leech, (Y/N) never once left Gorou's side the whole day. No matter how much he tried to shoo them off or even bribe them in order to maintain his reputation and dignity, they remained by his side with a blank stare while petting his tail or hugging it. He even had to add an extra chair beside his table while he wrote notes and looked over strategies since they simply refused to make distance between the two.

And at one point, they were abruptly startled as a soldier stomped into the tent unannounced while worriedly shouting his report, causing them to harshly jolt as they held onto Gorou's tail, making them do something they would come to regret.