Chapter 20: Banshee and Tentacles

Start from the beginning

"To add on to what Lilly (Omitter) just said. The sirens rely on a command structure that revolves around order, control and stability. Which is maintained twenty four seven but if you were to start knocking off their high ranking members then that all crumbles like a house of cards with them frantically trying to fix that gap." He added while letting out a cloud of grey smoke and taking a sip of his tea. "Questions?"

"No, I think we're good, though do try not to establish fear into others and do try to bring at least some high ranking sirens back alive." Answered the Admiral.

"There are no rules to the game." Said the Colonel in a dark tone before leaving the meeting, downing what remind of his tea and letting his cig rest against an ashtray atop the desk. While he grabbed the rest of his equipment. "That will be everything for now you can leave Lilly (Omitter)."

------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile with the Commanders
-------------------------------------------------

"Can we trust him?" Questioned Cdr. Fisher who wasn't sure if they should continue to let him partake in the mission.

"He has more experience than all of his combined and it's his job to hunt down the enemy." Replied Cdr. Crystal, defending her boyfriend.

"He's the Commander of the 666th Division so I have faith in his skill." Said Vice Adm. Bailey with others shaking their heads in approval.

"He's probably one of the few kansens experienced enough to actually end this war. So far the Colonel has managed to convince one siren to change sides and has eliminated another. That's two out of six or one third of their officers gone. Which is something no other kansen has been able to do. Besides, it would take too many resources to match the level of firepower at his disposal." Added Vitse Adm (Vice Adm). Petrova, remembering that he solved her siren issue and saw first hand the power he possesses.

With the meeting continuing once it was decided that Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) was fit to be the field Commander even if his tactics where unorthodox at time.

-----------------------------------------
Meanwhile with the Colonel
-----------------------------------------

The Colonel walked down the halls of the ship heading for the helipad while smoking his cigarette and reviewing aerial footage of the enemy on his tablet with Curacao and Dusk walking alongside. Wearing his full combat attire minus the barbed wire with his AKS-74U slung around his torso. Once on the helipad he leaned against the railing, opened his backpack putting away the tablet and looked over the fleet with his ship in the lead before looking at making a move.

"Attention! We are nearing the enemy position! All battleships and carriers in the fleet! Prepare all main guns and fire at will once in range, carriers are to mobilise the majority of your strike aircraft for a preliminary attack! All other vessels provide AA cover!" Ordered Colonel. Polʹovyy (Field) as he spoke into his headset before sucking on his cig and letting a grey cloud escape his mouth. While BMCY Ukrayina came into position for firing several Neptune anti-ship missiles with FS Aconit doing the same with its Exocets and the submarine SN Kursk going into position to fire P-700 Granit cruise missiles. As for his battleships they broke left or right and prepared to fire a full salvo. "What are you going to do if the war ends?"

"Haven't really thought about it but probably something that falls into my current skill set or maybe go to school for an education."  She answered before covering her ears as boom, boom, boom the sound of naval guns and anti-ship missiles being fired filled the background along with his air group of Tu-22M3s and Vulcan bombers flying over while piston fighters from Illustrious, Wessex and Zeppelin followed from behind. Which consisted of Fairey Barracuda, Fieseler Fi 167 torpedo bombers, JunkerJu-87C dive bombers and Vought F4U-1D Corsairs provided air cover along with some of the Colonels F4U-7s.