lxxii. federal agents

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to see you,"

Peter's smile grew ever so slightly. He then raised a hand, cupping Noah's face with it. He leaned in much more closer, his lips connecting with Noah's only moments later.

Noah tilted his head to the side ever so slightly. He gazed at Peter almost dreamily, his cheeks quick to flush into a pinky hue due to the uncalled kiss.

After a few moments, they finally parted away from the kiss, gentle and warm smiles still written upon both of their faces.

"Er, I'm sorry, Noah. You, uh, didn't have to come here." Peter began to stammer away. "I mean, it's not like I asked you to or anything. It's just-"

"Shut up,"

Peter glared at Noah in slight surprise, not expecting such a firm response. His eyebrows furrowed and mouth slightly agape, he just decided to not ask any questions.

"I know you didn't ask me to come here." Noah corrected himself to sound more kind. "But, I really wanted to see you, okay?"

With those words, Peter looked up at Noah as his lips curled into a somewhat confused yet genuine smile.

"Can you please kiss me-?"

Before Noah could even finish his sentence off, the sound of May knocking on Peter's bedroom door was heard. Afterwards, she pushed the door open with bewildered features.

Both Peter and Noah glanced at the door, only to find May standing right there.

"Oh, hey, Noah." May would kindly greet.

"Er, hi,"

The two shot friendly yet slight smiles at each other. But, May's smile was quickest to fade away.

"Uhm, do you guys wanna come and see this?" She would suggest.

Almost immediately, both Noah and Peter knew what May was talking about. They both felt kind of sick if anything. But, they eventually decided to agree to May's suggestion in the end.

"Sure, May." Peter replied with weakness in his voice. "We'll be right there."

May then left the room, obviously making her way towards the living room as she was now awaiting for the teenagers' appearances.

Peter took a step backwards, reaching out for Noah's hand. He then held onto Noah's hand, their fingers intertwining almost immediately.

Noah carefully climbed throughout the window, with Peter's help, of course. He eventually fitted through, his feet slamming against the carpet flooring.

And with that, the two left the bedroom. They wandered down the hallway and into the living room, which was only lit up with a dim lamp and the television screen.

Both May and Peter had decided to sit down on the couch in order to watch what was being displayed on the television, the news, as per usual.

Noah, on the other hand, hadn't bothered to sit down. He just watched from afar, standing right behind the couch, his eyes not moving away from the television screen whatsoever.