Don't Leave Me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN - Please read this chapter while playing the song tagged above on loop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was waiting for him, head on her knees as she held on to her legs curled up in the corner of the couch. The keys turned in the door lock. She got up from the couch and ran to the door. Heechul was there. 

His head was down, face covered with his hair. He closed the door behind him and hung the door keys on the side stand. He took off his black trench coat  and hung it on the coat hanger. She looked at him as he just carried on doing these basic activities. Even as he moved, he looked lost. She had never seen him like this before. His black trousers were soiled with splashes,  his black shirt was undone and the pastel blue tie hung loosely in his neck. He looked like a mannequin, pale and lifeless.

She was determined. She wouldn't let go - she was going to fight, for her love and for the life they had dreamed of. He stepped to get in the house, but she stood in front of him with her arms stretched out. She wasn't going to make it easy. He stepped aside and started to walk away, but she grabbed his wrist tightly. She was desperate. He turned and finally lifted his head. He looked at her eyes blankly and then at his wrist. Her fingers were white, and her grip was tight. He met her eyes once again, and turned again to step away. But, she did not let go. He looked back, gazed at the wrist absentmindedly and with a brute force he was free to do as he pleased. She was not able to hold on any longer. He turned and walked a few steps, rubbing his wrist. But, something caught his eyes and his heart skipped a beat. There were red bands all around his wrist - marks of her fingers on it. His eyes turned wide, and he frantically turned around.

She was still standing there. She was still wearing that soft white dress; the dress was wet,  stuck to her body, the brown belt holding onto her waist. The halter was slick on her neck, gripping it right with the intent of choking her. Her eyes, which were always doe-like - innocent and playful, were only half real; she was looking at him but her eyes had no shine, no expressions. His heart sank looking at her face; her will was dying in front of his eyes.

He covered the distance between them in two steps and pulled her by her arm. He grabbed her tiny waist and her head and pushed her into his chest. Tears carved their path from his face to her back and vanished in that drenched dress. The pain was going to explode him into pieces any second. He let her go, but still held her close with her shoulders. They looked into each others' eyes; both of them had been crying. She had lost her tears to the rain while he had drowned them in every drink. Why was this pain in their hearts? Why were they holding back? What had stopped them? They had tried hard and found their place, to bear the loneliness unknown to anyone else. But now, they couldn't hide anymore; they were in front of each other. The pain overflowed from their eyes. The heartache had unbearably manifested in their forms.

He brought her in front of his face and held it with his hands. He tilted his head, leaned into her face and softly held her upper lip with his. He wanted to kiss her very badly, but he waited for her. He was ready to meet her at the other end, and he was willing to wait for her for as long as it took. Dazed and confused, it took her a few seconds to understand what was happening; she softly closed her lips around his. Her hands on her sides slowly moved up and circled his neck. Their eyes closed as they kissed each other gently; the stream of their tears had met each others'. He could not stop himself or her from crying, but he could not stop kissing her either. He kept her lips in his own and drained them of colour.

Unwillingly, Heechul let go of her lips. He held onto her face and looked into her eyes. They were not streaming, but they had all the weight in them.  He lifted her in his arms and once again looked into her eyes. Her eyes were apprehensive but unwilling to let go. She brought her palm to his face and touched his cheek with her thumb. He felt his heart ease with the touch; he softly kissed her lips and then carried her to their bedroom.