Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!

Start from the beginning

"TASTY, TASTY, TASTY!!" The masculine exclaim came again.

Without another word, Tanjirou was the first to stalk toward the sound and into the next car, his expression showing a newfound determination.

In turn, you each followed him in a quick pursuit. Within time, your collective group had successfully tracked down the hashira overseeing the mission: Kyojurou Rengoku.

To say his appearance was memorable was an understatement, in all honesty.

You hadn't been able to fully take in Rengoku's striking figure back at the trial—as you had been fighting for your right to live.

The vibrant, flame-colored hair seemed to mirror his seemingly fiery and confident personality. His intense, red eyes seemed to sparkle as he eyed the bento in his hands.

As if he couldn't appear any more intimidating in personality, his tall, imposing stature seemed to add an immense factor.

Your collective group seemed to shrink beneath his presence—all gaping and remaining silent.

"I hate these damn pillars. Do we really need to go on a mission? I mean, for fuck's sake, he wanted us dead," Eli mumbled, rolling his eyes with exasperation.

"WHA— Hugh, shut your damn mouth!! He's right there, you know!!" Zenitsu exclaimed, his eyes widened; they looked as if they were about to bulge out of their sockets.

"U-Um, excuse me.. Re-Rengoku," Tanjirou nervously stuttered, cautiously approaching his intimidating figure.

In return, Rengoku hadn't acknowledged the crimson-haired boy even a little bit; Tanjirou's attempts to converse with him were immediately shot down in one fell swoop.

"TASTY!" Rengoku yelled once more, taking another bite of his bento.

"Hello? Rengoku? Anybody home?" You tried, waving your hand to the hashira, hoping to get an initial reaction out of him.

To your surprise, it seemed to work.

"Oh! Isn't it young Mizugochi, Tanaka, and (M/L/N) from the trial!" Rengoku exclaimed, turning to your group.

"You got our names wrong," Eli deadpanned, taking a step forwards to join you at your side.

"Y-Yeah. You see, my name is Tanjirou Kamado. She's (Y/N) (L/N), and he's Hugh Jass," Tanjirou added, uncomfortably sweat dropping.

"Ah, I see! Please forgive me, Kamado, my boy! Why don't you come take a seat with me?" Rengoku answered, setting down his bento. His wide, toothy smile could literally light up a room, it seemed.

"Thank you, Rengoku!" Tanjirou replied, his face bright. Once placing Nezuko's box on the cushioned seat, he joined Rengoku.

With that, Tanjirou awkwardly left the rest of you to figure out your seating situation.

"Want to sit behind them? I've a few questions for Rengoku, but there's not enough room for the both of us," You asked, turning to Eli.

"What?! That leaves me with Inosuke and Sōta!" Zenitsu piped up, groaning. "Sōta isn't bad, but Inosuke?! Inosuke?!"

You stifled a giggle. "You'll get through it, Zenitsu. You have Sōta, like you said.. pfft!"

With that, you dragged Eli to the closest seat near Rengoku and Tanjirou. As you each settled within the soft, feathery seats, Eli spoke up.

"You know, I could've just sat with those dopes over there. You could've been able to sit with Tabasco and Flamehead."

"No, it's okay. Rengoku is way too intimidating for me. I think I'd shit my pants," You replied with a shrug.