His family was originally from Venice. Most of which still reside there. So she got to meet them, all the elders and cousins. She loved them.

The rest of the family was still in London, they had business with some families there, including Sabini.

Her favorite memory of the trip, was when he took her to ride on a boat through canal street.

It was so peaceful, just the two of them. She wanted the happiness she felt at that moment to last forever.

After getting off the boat Vince had a man with a camera waiting for them.

It was one of her most prized possessions, the two looked so happy in the photo.

And later on in the night, she found the photo again resting on her pillow, only to see that Vince left her a note on the back,

Bella,

Forever the owner of mi heart.

Mi Amore until the end of time.

~Vinny

Bella never let the photograph go out of reach.

But for gangsters like them, happiness cannot last forever.

*****

It was just after Christmas 1922, when the couple received the letter.

A few days after the holiday, the two were spending a relaxing morning in bed.

Tangled under the sheets, despise it being December, the sunlight coming through the window kept them warm.

The same window gave them a perfect view of the city, a clear view of Big Ben.

It couldn't have been anymore perfect.

Wrapping his arm around her waist he brought her closer, tucking his face into her neck.

"You stay here Mi Amore, I'll make us some breakfast"

A smile made its way onto her face as she hummed.

After that Vince got out of the bed. Only coming back a few minutes later with a tray of fruits and tea.

He gently placed it down on Bella's lap, kissing her forehead, he grabbed his cup and the post he brought in as well.

Bella looked at the city while she ate a couple grapes. And Vinny was standing at the end of the bed, flipping through the envelopes.

The peace was broken by Vinny,

"FUCKKK!" He lashed out. Then turned away from Bella and threw the tea cup at the wall.

Bella sat frozen in shock as she watched her lover pant and pace around the room, in his hand was a letter.

After a moment she gently started getting off the bed approaching him, "...what is love?" She asked him softly, careful not cause him more distress.

He never stopped pacing, taking a second to look at the letter one last time, before throwing it to the ground, "Fuck, Bell! Fuck!"

He then turned around, slamming his hand into the wall before resting his head on it, trying to collect himself.

Bella slowly bent down to retrieve the letter that was causing her partner so much distraught.