A pang went off in Georgia's chest and she felt numb. She instantly thought to Francis and what would never, ever be. No, she decided she would give up all hope on that dream. He had yet to even reach out to her. Surely, she meant nothing to him. She had accepted that, even if her heart didn't quite seem to understand.

"No, my lady. I fear you are mistaken. I shall never marry again. Luella and I will do just fine in our own little cottage off in the country. Are the renovations still set to be finished by winter?"

"Yes, of course, my dear, patience." Was all Lady Edna said and Georgia fought the nerves to roll her eyes and huff out loud. She didn't know why she felt so anxious and somewhat annoyed but she did. "Will you be attending the ball Saturday next, my dear?"

"What ball? I did not receive an invitation, perhaps I am not quite popular or even favored by the ton." Georgia said not realizing there was a even a ball being held on Saturday next and also feeling a pang of hurt and betrayal stab through her chest for when she used to host dinner parties and private balls herself for ominous members of the ton. Does everyone still not think it best to associate themselves with a widow whom survived scandal? Surely, they all cannot possibly.

"It seems like you are invited, did you not see your invitation? Hmm, that's quite odd. Charles!" Edna called for the house butler that was never too far. Georgia started to question the relationship between and the butler and his lady over the last week and all her answers were inconclusive in regards to the pair.

"How may I be of assistance, my lady." The butler answered coming from a room down the hall not too far from the set of stairs that they were standing on.

"Would you happen to know what has happened to Lady's Georgia's invitation to the duke's ball? It seems to be misplaced." Lady Edna asked the old butler.

Georgia's eyes went wide. "Duke's ball? Which duke?" She quickly placed a hand over her heart to calm herself. It was not like Lady Edna had knew what had transpired between Georgia and the duke.

"One of the richest men in town of course." Lady Edna said with a hardness to her voice. "The Duke of Richmond, my dear. 'Twas said he just returned from the country and is holding a private ball in honor of his return before the start of the new season. Of course, only the most eligible families of the ton are invited I'm sure."

Charles came back with a silver tray and an invitation perched on top of it. Georgia carefully read the words as she took the invitation off the tray. Her fingers shook slightly as she held the corners.

"Come to think of it now, I'm sure you were out at mayfair with Luella and Lady Hackett when the invitations arrived ." Lady Edna stated reaffirming her earlier suspicions.

She was indeed invited to this said private ball hosted by none other than her Duke of Richmond, however he wasn't really hers anymore. "Oh dear whatever shall I wear? I will most certainly need something of the newest fashion for the upcoming season and in only a sennight away, we must be quick."

"Never fret, my dear we shall head to the modiste tomorrow afternoon. Why don't you sit down and write for Lady Vivienne to join us."

"Excellent idea." Georgia told her wholly agreeing with the plan.

"Now, let's go enjoy a glass of my sherry." Lady Edna smiled. Georgia smiled back.

"Wonderful."

"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
How To Unlock A Duke's Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें