003

"where are you?! we're already here inside the gym, you idiot!"

"can you take a pause and breathe, jungwon? i said i'm gonna be there. don't worry about me."

riki took huge steps towards the football field, where he's supposed to meet his cousin.

i should've just stayed in japan and took my college there.

"then hurry up! sunoo sunbae is waiting for you at the front gate, please don't make him wait for too long-"

"who?" he finally spotted his cousin waving at him while holding a water bottle in one hand. "anyways, i'll be there. just save me a seat or whatever. bye!"

the boy walked closer, "i'm glad you didn't get lost."

"i'm not a child, jake."

"it's jake hyung, you disrespectful kid." jake took a longer stare at riki, as if he's examining him. "anyways, how are you? is your mom doing fine?"

he nodded. "yeah, we're doing okay."

"that's great. you have your MT today right? you should go ahead, or else you'll miss out on the fun." jake chuckles, packing the things inside his sling bag.

right, the membership training. i almost forgot about it. "are you going there too?"

the older shook his head. "do i look like i participate in activities like that?"

"then i won't go t-"

"nah, you should. it's important for you as a freshman." jake looked around. "you know where the gym is, right? or do you want me to take you there?"

riki almost rolled his eyes. "nevermind, i can go there on my own. i'm not a child."

jake laughs louder this time, patting his back.

"aww, when did our little riki grow up?"

"shut up."

ni-ki waved his hand as a sign of goodbye whilst walking away from his cousin. he's more than an hour late for the training, but he couldn't care less. although jungwon is probably trying not to bust a vein right now.

he managed to get inside the gym without getting much attention, since all students are busy doing some kind of team building activity.

"oh great, you're here." hiyyih, riki's classmate back in highschool- signalled him to sit. "jungwon's right there, he's busy trying to socialize."

she pointed in front, and ni-ki saw jungwon talking to a small circle of other students. that's great, i hope he forgets about me coming here late-

"won, ni-ki's here!"

damn it hiyyih. "wait don't call him-" ni-ki tried to shut her but it was too late; jungwon's already heading towards their direction.

the boy glared at him. "i thought you're gonna ditch us."

he sighed. "i'm late. it's not a big deal."

"where's sunoo sunbae?"

"who's that?" jungwon looked at him in disbelief as if he'd said something ridiculous.