011.

Mar. 17,2022
12:18 am

italics - the past
Bold - screaming
Regular - the present
𝚃𝚢𝚙𝚎𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛 - thoughts
Narrator's POV

When Blossom parents first met when they were 10, her mom, Angela, had just moved to the neighborhood. Her dad, Robert, lived the apartment in front. And let me tell you...

They hated each other's guts.

Both Angela and Robert being on top of their class since elementary. There was always some type of competition between them. Even at the smallest things.

Then when they got into high school, things changed.

Both looked less nerdy and more attractive. This may or may not have cause some jealousy problems for the both of them.

"I think I'm gonna ask Angela to homecoming."

"Wait no you can't do that" Robert said getting defensive

"Don't worry. I'm just trying to get one thing, then you can have her, Rob."

"Who said I wanted her?"

The night of homecoming was terrible for both kids. Robert getting stood up by his date and Angela slapping the fuck out of Robert's friend.

"Terrible night?" Robert asked Angela who was sitting down all by herself

"Yeah. You?"

"Yep" he sat down next to her

"Well, I look amazing right now and you look alright so, do you want to dance with me?" Angela said sticking out her hand to him

"Why not" Robert shrugged

The rest was history.

"Damn" Blossom said. "So they hated each other?"

"Yep. Your mother wanted nothing to do with your father." Ma'Meacheo said. "Next letter!"

"Ok ok." Blossom cleared her throat

Dear Angela,

I have missed you more than ever today. Life isn't the same with you by my side. I know that one day we will see each other again, but I just wished I at least could finish high school with you.

Today, I was thinking about our first kiss. On the school trip to Washington D.C. to the cherry blossom festival.

It was the last night and you looked beautiful in your white sundress. We snuck away from the group and went to the cherry blossom tree. The flowers started falling and you kissed me.

It's funny because the only reason why you kissed me was cause I rambling about something. But I'm happy you did it because I would've been too much of a wuss to do it.

I know you may not like this but what if we named our first girl Blossom. As a memory of our first kiss and our love.

Your love,
Robert