Chapter 19 - A New Man

Start from the beginning

Yibo's mom had also been crying bitterly on the phone when we last spoke to her. She kept saying that she just wants to see and hold her baby, by which she means Yibo. His dad, who kind of seems like a stone cold dog told Yibo to watch over me and protect me like a man should. Well, actually he said, "Watch your "wifey" and protect your wifey like a man should!"

I immediately wanted to say something and get upset about it and make it clear that I'm not a wifey, I'm a man. But Yibo covered my mouth with a grin and pushed me down on the bed, where he pressed his lips on mine, just to make me say nothing. After the phone call I wanted to get mad about it, but he grabbed me, kissed me and in the end we had sex. After that, I forgot about my anger.

Although I'm fine again, Yibo is still worried about me. He said he can't stop thinking about that elf-like creature biting me and keeps wondering if it will affect me and if so, what those effects might be.

I have to say, I honestly feel like a new man. Yes, at first I was feeling really miserable. But after I got better and better, I really felt like a new person. Like my body had come to a whole new strength.And yes, at some point I couldn't fool myself anymore and had to admit to myself that my new body feeling probably came from the bite of the creature and its blood.

I admitted it to myself not only because I suddenly feel so healthy and strong as never before. It is rather because I have discovered certain qualities in myself that were definitely not there before. So now and then I can hear what Haikuan and Meng Yao are talking about. And that although they are whispering and were at the other end of the sailing yacht.

I also had the impression several times that I could see much better in this actually complete darkness on the high seas. The starlight is apparently sufficient for my eyes to have a halfway good night vision. And also my physical strength has increased. Things that before I could not carry at all or only with great effort and both arms, I can now carry easily and with only one hand.

But these physical new features seem to work only at night. During the day I am the same Zhan I always was. But at night I can feel my physical powers growing and everything adjusting to this darkness and possible threat. Even my sense of smell.

However, I haven't told Yibo about it yet because he is so worried anyway. Of course, I will still tell him, because I can't hide it forever. And certainly not on a sailing yacht. But for now, I can't and won't tell him yet.

Something that worries me much more than these new physical characteristics is Meng Yao's behavior. Especially towards me, after almost two weeks on the high seas, he is still very unfriendly. He is also very rejecting towards Yibo and always treats Yibo in a patronizing manner.

Meng Yao should actually just feel gratitude for Yibo. After all, he was instrumental in saving Meng Yao! Haikuan also keeps telling him to treat us with decency and respect and to be kind to us. He also told him to show gratitude and never forget that without us, they both probably wouldn't be alive.

On the one hand, I can understand Meng Yao. One should always be cautious towards strangers, especially in times like these, and also be prepared for anything. But on the other hand, we have been living together on this sailing yacht for 2 weeks and Yibo saved his life. So what else is Meng Yao awaiting?

Since our supplies were running low, we had to go ashore again for the first time yesterday. We looked on a map for a small place where we hoped we would find everything we needed to survive near the pier.

Already in the night we got close enough to the place to still be far enough away from the flying creatures, but also close enough to reach the pier within an hour. We armed ourselves with harpoons, axes, and I had my silver spear that I had been training with for days.