𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 ━━ 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

Depuis le début

The whole area of the lift felt like it was frozen, turning the oxygen here thinner.

Sighing, you weaved the cursed spirit away from your face. It must be a sense of superiority when you weren't feeling any urge or threat. Although Nanami wasn't with you now, you were confident that he was doing fine. Hopefully, so.

You pressed a button on the console, in an expectation it would stop to a certain floor, but it didn't respond. The buttons were dead. Faster and faster the elevator rose until loud creaks and squeaks of the cables came to a complete stop. The floor indicated in a bright red "10". The doors opened and . . . It looked normal. You took the exit, observing more of the physical surroundings. It was eerie at the same time. The corridor seemed sort of endless—doors lined on the left and the curtain glass wall on the right.

At this moment, the cursed energy gathered enormously near your presence. Her voice echoed. A woman with black hair covering her face, ghastly pale skin, and a bloodied white dress.

"Beautiful, beautiful!" the cursed spirit chanted. "You are trapped here now, never leaving this place again!"

"Ah," you let out a flat, sarcastic, one-syllabled utterance, "just get lost."

Her movements were impulsive, promptly realizing that she was coming for you.

Ever since you started your sorcery work, you decided to use cursed tools: Kalis daggers. You liked carrying weapons that were something light, that could be swung the fastest and preserved your stamina, a one-handed weapon was perfect for you. And since one dagger ha$ a short blade, it had the lowest damage and shortest reach, thus it was the best use when dual-wielded and amplified with cursed energy.

One strike wouldn't be enough for sure, and so you made combination movements. Daggers were specifically made for stabbing the opponents, but you could also use enhanced strength to slice her through.

You could label this "woman in the elevator" cursed spirit such as a Grade 2. Now you started to think of the victims she had while gaining her power.

Quite a few, I could bet.

With your final blow, you aimed for the chest while your other hand was responsible for your defense. Gripping the hilt of your Kalis dagger tight, you garnered your strength vertically to cut her up to her head.

Once damaging her vital spots, she started to crumble with monstrous, undeviating cries, and then she got disintegrated into the unidentifiable unit of matter.

"Bazic," you huffed, flipping your hair.

Now, now, the cursed spirit was dead, everything should be back to normal. But it didn't. Nanami hadn't returned. Checking your phone, it that there was no signal here. You sighed, not able to contact your partner for this mission.

"I wonder if a Curtain is raised in this area?" you asked, while your thoughts started to overlap.

Whose Curtain? Did Nanami put one before he disappeared? If he did, then he's just around the area.

Staring out of gigantic glass windows, it was still in the broad daylight. You were inspecting as well if there was a barrier in the area, but there was no Curtain. And you weren't sure of yourself if you were sober now or shadowy figures were playing and moving in front of your eyes. You stepped forwards to get a closer look. All your could see were the diversity of the buildings, the horizon, and the blinding noon sun.

There were certainly shadows swirling around, but they disappeared once you tried focusing on them.

You arched your right eyebrow. It must be an image, considering how many drugs you had taken last night.