"Cam, why did you almost break Kasey's neck?" he asks, stepping closer towards me. I smell the mint from his gum that he's chewing and I back away a step.

I turn to face him and his eyes scan my face, searching for an answer. Those eyes, sigh. I open my mouth to say something but I close it, not knowing what to say. Will he hate me?

He won't hate you, Cam.

He will.

"What happened?" his voice low and quiet.

I push back the strands on my face and leaned my forehead on the shelf in front of me, the cool metal against my warm forehead. He sighs and takes my head off, cupping my cheeks.

I swear the room got hotter or is it just me?

"Kasey decided to talk shit about Kaydon and Sierra's relationship," I say avoiding his gaze. I feel him shift uncomfortably and he lets go of his hands. My cheeks oddly miss that warmth and presence.

"She was saying that Kaydon could do better and Sierra is a joke. She called her a fucking joke, Ty!" I croak, my voice still quiet enough for him to hear.

"Maybe she didn't mean that,"

My eyes widen and I step back from that. Is he serious? She meant every word and I know it! If Kaydon or Sierra heard, they would beat the shit out of her by now. What is wrong with him?

"Are you kidding?" I gawk. I grab the paint bottles and stormed over to our table. Luckily, Kasey was busy with her friends to join and I stressfully paint on my white blank canvas. I feel Ty across from me but I ignore him.

He poems my arm, almost causing me to mess up. I freeze, letting him now I'm giving him the silent treat and he holds my wrist. I stare at the canvas with now dark blue lines and try to avoid his eyes. "Cameron, I'm sorry." I hear him say.

"Cam."

"Cam!"

"Cameron!" he practically shouts and eyes went on us. My ears turn red as I look around and Ty slowly lets go. Mr. Gilson stares at us and nods toward the door so we can get our heads straight. I toss my paint brush down on the napkin and threw my apron on the hook on the way out.

I hear Ty struggling to keep up as I speed walk away to my locker, grabbing my journal. I really need to write right now and outside here isn't great. I eye for the bathroom, but then I was turned around and I stop, facing him.

"Let me explain," he huffs, out of breath. I raise en eyebrow waiting.

"What do you have to explain? You just stuck up for a girl who talked shit about our best friends, Ty! For a girl who called Sierra a joke and worthless."

He stays silent and I continue rambling on. "You've been letting her do this shit for the past days! I know you say she's annoying and shit but it'll feel great if you at least tell her stop calling me a bitch and our friends stupid shit. We're your family for god's sake."

He nods slowly, "I know, I'm sorry."

"I'm being shitty and I have no excuse, okay? She acts different when certain people aren't around and I'm fucking confused. I hate for you to be mad at me but I'm sorry." he says and I avoid his gaze. His right hand goes to my cheek and I refuse to melt to his touch. I look up to his eyes that were already on mine and I relax my shoulders.