Chapter 3

We arrived home at around seven that night, we ordered a take away and told each other about our first days. "You could have told me your pack was coming back?" I said to Bash. "One of them thought I was a wolf because of your sent."
He looked shocked, "I didn't realise they would be in the school yet, are you okay though, they didn't hurt you or anything?" He asked concerned.
"No, but he wouldn't shut up all day..." I told him about Brodie, as we are our dinner.
It wasn't my turn to pick the movie, it was Malachi's tonight and Bash's next time. My brother picked transformers, I was just so glad it wasn't lord of the rings... again, we must have seen them movies a hundred times this year.
I went into my bedroom and got changed into my pyjamas, they were silky smooth, white and black Mickey Mouse patterned, the top was long sleeved but the bottoms were shorts with a red bow at the front. I put my fussy pink teddy bear dressing gown on over the top and brought a small throw to cover me, I chose the little circle couch at the side. My brother and Bash sat on either side of the main four seater. This is such a cosy corner. Once we're comfy with our snacks and pop Bash pressed play, I was that exhausted that I didn't quite catch the end of the movie.
I felt a pair of strong arms lift me up, I half opened my eyes as he carried me into my room. Pulling the cover back with one hand while carrying me with the other, he gently placed me on the double bed. And slid the covers over the top of me, "Goodnight KitKat." He whispered softly.
I didn't respond, I was fast asleep by the time he left through the door.

"Mummy what's going on?" I called out to my mum who was rushing about my room, packing a backpack of clothes. My father had already left days ago with my brother, they went on a trip to see our grandparents. "Mummy." I asked when, my mums second in command Derek cam racing into the room.
He looked picked me up off the floor, "they're here."
My mum pressed her forehead against mine and looked me deep in the eyes her beautiful ocean blue eyes filling with water. "No matter what happens, no matter where you are, remember that I always loved you. Remember that I'm doing this to protect you." She cried kissing my cheek. I tried to reach out to her as Derek carried me out the back door, breaking into a dead sprint. We heard growling, hissed, groans of defeat, screaming. Then nothing. He put me down and quickly transformed into his wolf, kneeling down so I could climb on his back, I held his thick fur in my tiny hands, a big black backpack on my back as he took off in a dead sprint. We ran for days, he didn't stop running.
I could see the border of the California pack, but just before we could reach it Derek was thrown against a tree, it was like it had been anticipated because, he threw me just over the border triggering the Daniels pack sensors as he fell. "I'm sorry Princess." His voice echoed in my mind though he hadn't spoken. As the vampire ripped at his throat. Blood splattered and I screamed, backing away as more of them turned up, there were around four of the monsters. Someone pushed me behind them a harsh growl echoing through the air. Alpha Daniels.

Waking up in a pool of my own sweat I couldn't stop the scream that escaped my lips. It felt so real, like it was happening all over again. My bedroom door flung open and Bash came running over to me, sitting up in the bed he game me a reassuring hug, the tears ran down my cheeks. I knew I was safe here. "It's okay. Kat you're okay, I've got you." He whispered soothingly into my ear as he stroked my long wavy black hair.
It's every night every time I close my eyes, it's all I see. I clutched my necklace, focusing on my breathing. After a few minutes he stood up, "do you want a coffee?" He asked looking at the time on the alarm clock. It was five thirty. I knew he wouldn't go back to sleep now, he was on high alert.
I nodded, "yes please." I croaked. I didn't plan on going back to sleep either.

My phone buzzed with a message.
Lukas: My mum told me some amazing news, she got a call yesterday, we won last years dance competition, we have to perform Way Down We Go live in front of a big audience on Thursday 😊😊😊

I dropped my phone on the bed and ran out to Bash who was starting to walk towards my room with a cup of coffee. "Bash, guess what?" I rushed. "We're going to perform. Live." I gushed. "The judges put us in the top category."
He smiled happily, "congratulations Kat. When's the competition?"
"This Thursday." I smiled showing all my teeth, "will you be able to take me?" I asked.
"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He laughed. I already planned on skipping lunch to practice.
I ran into my bedroom and picked my phone up texting Lukas back.
That's amazing, wanna meet at lunch to practice?
We already knew the dance choreography completely, we just hadn't done it in a few months so it might be a bit rusty. With a competition coming up we wanted it to be perfect.
I drank my coffee in silence and then rushed in the shower, washing my hair. After the shower I brushed my teeth and browsed through my clothes what did I want to wear today, I couldn't wear a skirt because of the dance, I didn't want to flash anyone my undies.