Chapter 2: The World of Oz and the Nice Naboo Senator

A/N: Hi all! Welcome to another exciting chapter of Valkyrie. Frankly, I wanted to hold off from submitting this chapter, but I had this in the works so I figured "why the heck not?"

Anyways, I'll keep this brief. First and foremost, the cover image for this story is actually not by me but something that my boyfriend created for his late grandfather who I believe was a Vietnam vet. (But don't quote me on that). From what I have been told, he was actually a recipient for a very high ranked medal for valor, though I don't recall which. I'm not gonna ask though since I refuse to push my nose into anything that is not my business unless my boyfriend willingly reveals this information. Anywho, for those who are curious about the writing on the picture, this is what he wrote:

"If I were to clinically die and only had 3 minutes in heaven, I would find my grandfather and thank him for all the words of wisdom, the knowledge, the fun times, the love, and for the service he gave to his country here on earth. I'd also give him the hug I felt he never got after the war and tell him that he's in a way better fitted place for such a great soul. I miss you grandpa. Here's one for you."

Please leave a comment or follow or favorite myself and/or this story if you liked this.

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars: The Clone Wars or any other recognizable works. And any offensive, insulting or seemingly racist remarks that you may find in the text are purely for storytelling purposes and are not intended to insult you, the reader.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Chapter 2: The World of OZ and the Nice Naboo Senator

"Home is now behind you. The world is ahead." 

—Gandalf

Ever felt totally lost or found yourself with a total lack of control on certain things around you? Like coming off heavy drugs, I-can't-tell-which-way-is-which sort of confusion? Or that sort of drunken disorientation that, looking back on it, should have terrified you had you been more lucid because you know you should have said 'no' in that scenario? Or, you realize that you accidentally stepped off at the wrong stop on your flight and are stranded in another country with no inkling how to get back on your own?

That lack of control is intimidating, right? You start to realize that you are just one small person among a sea of millions in a great big wide world; it makes you feel insignificant. After all, so many horrible things can happen. How many of them will happen to you, and who will care when it's all over? You don't know what to do or how to reorient yourself if something occurs, and that's daunting.

Because, let me tell you, the unknown is scary. That's why most people are still afraid of the dark; they don't know what's out there, lurking unseen. It's a completely natural reaction. After all, everyone is afraid of something. And believe it or not, fear is not necessarily a bad thing either. It keeps you alive; it's called common sense for a reason because only complete idiots aren't afraid of anything. However, it's only when you let that fear control you that it starts to become a problem. You begin to limit yourself in a way that halts any further progress forward that you could make.

Don't let your own shadow scare you.

In both basic and BUD/S training, I was taught to control my fears, to control my reactions. My training taught me to stare straight in the face of whatever inspired ultimate terror in me and accept it because allowing my emotions to hinder myself is stupid. Eventually, I even learned to rise to daunting challenges set before me by my peers rather than shrink before opposition, or turning tail and booking it in the opposite direction like some cowards are known to do. (Mind you, I still want to do that when dealing with spiders. Ugh).