Chapter 27- Fancy

Start from the beginning

Then we came to the dreaded staircase. And when it was opened, to my surprise it opened to a red velvet cushioned elevator. The metal plated with gold, each button ready to light up with a bright white.
"Complaining still?"
"Shut your mouth Ponk."

Floor 23. 23 dings, 1 minute and 17 seconds.

"Go in, adjust, adapt to environment, seduce, kill, and out." Ponk said looking straight at me.

21 dings.
Ding.
And out into a lobby we were. I felt the adrenaline settle into the back of my head, on a passive mode. The halls were covered with gold plated metals, high chandeliers, marble walls, a wine red carpet leading us down to two big doors.

We stopped in front of a guard, he was dressed in a dark blue polyester suit, dark brown locks falling into his face. He had deep dimples, and round-like glasses. He reminded me of George, and I smiled to myself.
"Party of four." Ted said with a wide smile, handing over an invite of some sort.
The brunette looked it over, giving a weird snare before handing it over to a lady we didn't even notice.
Her dark purple hair rolling down right below her chest. She had a dark purple, almost black dress with an chest opening, accentuating her chest area. She was drop dead gorgeous. I could feel the tips of my ears start to become hot. She looked at our group, before looking us all up and down. Me specifically. Her teeth made an appearance when her lopsided grin took over her face.
"All go in, except for the lady." Her thick Irish accent fogged my brain. She was stunning.
"We can't do that-" Dream started before Ponk put a hand on his chest.
"What seems to be the matter?" He asked politely. She looked at the two men before her eyes went into contact with mine again.
"Just wanted to know her name." She winked.
"Well, V?" Dream asked.
"I-I'm not sure-" I tried to spit out, but every word came out strangled. Then I felt myself float a little, I was no longer in control of myself. I was in the state of almost reaching a dream of sort-
that sly morherfucker.
"No, I have to go in. After though?" I said a bit slower and slurred, his quirk really did have effect on you.
"Hmm, well I'll always be open for you, darling. Just call my name at any point."
"And that is?"
"Minx."
She let us through, but not before grabbing my hand when and kissing it. I flashed a small smile at her before walking in.

"Almost lost it for someone that wasn't the target already?" Ponk whispered into my ear, and I giggled.
"Did you see her?? She was gorgeous!" I felt a bit of a push at my side, causing my giggles to die down.
"I don't think I've ever seen you drool for someone so hard." Dream said, though there was a tone of some sort of emotion I couldn't exactly pick out.
"I've drooled over you, you're just blind." I stated, matter of fact-ly, and the sounds of clinking glasses and loud talking came into earshot. The notes of a classic piano filling the air. The dim lights making everyone blend into crowds of dark colors a lot easier. We had finally we made it to the main crowd.

People dressed from top to bottom in expensive jewelry and accessories. Sleek or catchy dresses covered with fur scarfs and excessive dangling earrings. Rings all too big for their own good.
You know the plan. He's upstairs in a VIP lounge made just for him. Get him comfortable, get him buttered up, look for vulnerability. An execution.

The group looked at each other before all looking at one another. We all nodded, a form of acknowledgment of what we had to go through with.
Ponk and Dream strayed off to the sides, left and right. Ted stayed behind us all, he was to look out for us through the back. And of course, I went forward. Straight to the staircase.

But that would've been too obvious, and we all knew it. Walking through the mixed crowd of sober and drunk bodies, I moved along w the beat. Making it seem as though my hips were simply swinging with efficiency through the crowd.
At one point, my heart beat became one with the music. I slowed my advance to the staircase when someone's hand caught mine.
It was Minx.