17

•Lily's POV•

I don't want anything to do with him. But I need a ride home. It's over 3 miles and I could never make it home in time for dinner and homework if I walked. So I run to catch up with him, hating myself for everything that just happened.

"Ben, wait!" I yell across the parking lot.

He stops in his tracks and turns to see who was calling his name. I'm surprised to see he actually stops and waits for me to catch up.

"What?" he asks me, looking a little guilty.

"I need a ride home," I say, wiping away a tear.

"Fine. Get in," he says stiffly, and unlocks my door.

I wonder why he's so upset. This worked out exactly the way he wanted it to. So why is he acting like he's mad at me? Gosh, I hate this guy! To think I ever wanted anything to go out with him!

Anyway, I get in the car and buckle my seatbelt. Then he starts to get back on the highway.

"Where do you live?" he asks, not even bothering to look at me.

"Forest Drive," I reply flatly.

"Ok." He types something in on his phone, which I'm assuming is my address, but I don't dare look in his direction.

We sit in silence for about half the ride, and then he finally breaks the silence.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?"

"No, you're not," I say, refusing to believe him.

"Fine, you can think that. Like I care." He continues to drive and doesn't say anything else for awhile.

Then he starts to apologize again. "Lily, I-"

"Ben, stop! Okay, don't even say my name. I don't want to speak to you!" I interrupt.

"Geez. I just wanted to apologize."

"Why? You're not even sorry."

"That's what you think! But I actually feel really bad about this."

"Sure you do," I say, not bothering to hide the sarcasm in my voice.

"Gosh, why do you have to be so annoying?! I'm trying to apologize and all you can do is interrupt or make fun of me. You know what, I'm not even gonna bother anymore."

"Good. I didn't want to hear from you anyway."

"Fine."

"Fine."

And then we don't talk for the rest of the drive to my house. When we get there, I push open the door and stomp to my front porch.

"Bye," he calls out flatly.

"Whatever." I open the door and slam it to prove my point. Then I wait by the window until I see his car pull away.

This is the worst I've ever felt. I can't believe my dream guy turned out to be such a jerk!

The end.