It's past eleven when Sophia, a pretty brunette, stumbles into the room, squealing when she sees Liam and sits down on his other side. Liam must look like a proper pimp like this, sitting in a big armchair, Louis on his left leg and his girlfriend on the armrest, legs draped over his right. Louis is way to hazy to be bothered when they make out for a bit. Sophia's clutching Liam's face, leaning into his side. Louis doesn't care; she doesn't bump him out of the way and she lets him sit on Liam's lap, head resting back against his shoulder. Stan may have offered a drag of his spliff and Louis might not have said no.

Liam's hand is warm on his waist and Louis' head starts feeling a little hot. Sophia is still sitting down on Liam's other side, smiling at him. Louis gives her a lazy wink, and she giggles.

"He's a bit out of it?" he hears her say to Liam, and he feels him shrug beneath him.

"It's fine," he says, and then Sophia gives Louis a kiss on his cheek. He turns to face her and she smiles, eyes crinkling a little. Louis kind of thinks she smells a bit like summer. Maybe he should get a girlfriend, he thinks. Someone who smiles like blue skies and pretty springs. And has soft hands.

"Hi," he says to her after a while, knowing he's probably greeted her before. Liam chuckles. "Your girlfriend is nice, Liams."

"Thank you, Lou."

Louis averts his eyes, looking around the coffee table in front of them. Some of the people surrounding it have been exchanged for new faces, but the ambience feels the same. People are smoking, drinking, just hanging back. Louis realizes he's probably among the lazy drunks. The energetic ones usually crowd the dance floor, and the rest mingle about, being a bit of everywhere. He wonders where Niall is.

"Where's Niall?" he asks out loud to no one in particular.

"Mate," someone says, who's sitting on the other side of the coffee table, smiling and waving. "I'm here."

"Niall!" he exclaims. "Bathroom, Niall!" He needs the bathroom.

"In the hallway, lad. Should I walk you?"

"Mm-hmm," he nods, uncoordinatedly getting up from Liam's lap. He thinks he feels a hand or two helping him keep steady. He feels Niall grab his arm, leading him to the bathroom through the half empty hallway. Most people are probably outside or upstairs, he figures.

Niall helps him into the bathroom, telling him he'll go back to the living room. Louis locks the door and then spends fifteen minutes sitting on top of the toilet seat, staring at his legs as he rhythmically bumps his heel into the fluffy mat. It'd be a shame to get sick it, since it's very pretty and fluffy, so he stands and goes to the sink, washing his face with cold water. Hands gripping either side of the sink, he finds himself staring at his own reflection.

He's been feeling very confused lately. Everything is very confusing. A lot confusing. Confusion. Exhaustion. Many things and strange feelings.

Somebody bangs on the door a few times he thinks, before they give up. Louis isn't sure what time it is, or how long ago somebody knocked on the door last, but he figures he should probably go out to the party again. He does, but heads upstairs after he peeks into the living room. Most people seem to have gone outside, but it's cold out and he isn't really feeling it. He finds a second bathroom in a corridor on the second floor, and climbs into the bathtub, leaning back. He has Liam's pack of cigarettes in his pocket he realizes a few minutes later, and he lights one, letting the pink shower curtain hide him.

He knows he probably shouldn't be alone on New Year's, especially not when he's actually at a party, so he brings his phone up. Hide and seek Nialll, he texts, grinning a little to himself. He'll never find him here.