- Chapter XX - Big Bad Daniel -

Three days, it had been three days since Clay and Nick left to go and visit Schlatt. I couldn't because I had other things that I had already planned to do. I was talking to Clay and Nick every day. At first, I talked to Clay for over six hours but every day it seemed to be less and less time and today was no different. He had only stayed on the phone for an hour before he got off again and I was starting to feel a bit lonely. The unfortunate thing was I couldn't contact any of my other friends because they were all busy with their own lives to deal with an animator with far too much free time.

Ann was busy with her mother, family, and job. Kate was busy with her own life, and Mal was busy making sure Kate didn't die from overconsumption of food, and her job. That is when an idea popped into my head, I still had a friend! Daniel!

I quickly shot Daniel a text asking if he was busy and he replied with a no, so I asked him if he wanted to meet up since I was bored and my housemates were out for a bit. In return, he asked if he could bring a couple of friends since he thought that I may want to meet a few new people so that he wouldn't be my only friend when I wanted to get away from my housemates. I responded with I don't mind, and he asked where we would meet. I told him to meet me at the Café just down the street from the Orlando Arcade in around thirty minutes. He typed a quick ok before I got up and began to get ready to go.

I didn't have much to do seeing as that mourning I had already gotten ready for the day. I had gotten dressed in one of the lime hoodies Clay had given me that I had cut into a crop, a black tank top under that, a pair of dark gray jeans, and a pair of black combat boots. I thought that I looked good, there was only one thing that I hadn't done this mourning. I hadn't put on makeup, so I quickly applied some lime and green eyeshadow to match the hoodie I was wearing, black eyeliner, black mascara, some basic foundation, and some neutral pink lipstick.

I thought it looked fine so I grabbed my phone and purse before heading out of the house and texting Daniel that I was on my way. He said that he would still be a few minutes since his friends weren't ready yet and I told him that it was fine and that I was still a few minutes from the Café.

Once I arrived at the Café, I was greeted by the kind staff. One of the waitresses led me to a booth just by the front entrance and one of the huge front windows. Not too long after that, Daniel arrived, but who he had with him shocked me. Not only did he have Jared with him, but he had Charlie with him, a very old and toxic childhood friend of mine.

They approached me and I refused to make eye contact with anyone, including Daniel.

"Hey Gal, I want you to meet a couple of my friends." He paused. "This is Jared," he said pointing to Jared, "and this is Charlie." He pointed to Charlie. That's when he noticed my upset face. I was almost in tears but I wouldn't cry, not when other people could see me. "What's wrong?"

That's when I snapped. I couldn't believe he dared to ask me what was wrong, I mean he didn't know.... right?

I looked up only to see him smirking at me. He knew what he was doing and he was proud that he was doing it.

"Hello buttercup, it's been a while," Jared said.

"Just leave, you did enough to me already." I had tears in my eyes, but I still didn't want to cause a scene.

"How about we just hang like the three of us used to do. Don't you miss that? Or did you leave us in the past just like you left your family?" Charlie was being her toxic self as always. "Come on let's ditch this café and go play some video games at my place."

Jared grabbed my hand and started to pull me out of the small café. I didn't fight because I didn't want to cause a scene. I wished that Clay or Nick or someone was here right now because I needed one of them.

Daniel got in his car with Jared in the seat beside him and Charlie and me in the back. I sat stiff and didn't say anything unless I had to.

Once we got to, I assumed, Charlie's house, they all unloaded from the car and Jared helped me out of the car. I still didn't want to be here, but I was forced here by all of the people I at one point or another thought were good. Turns out trust is easy to break.

"Come on buttercup, let's get inside and eat something." Jared's pet names for me only made me more uncomfortable, but I just followed, too scared to fight back. I just craved Clay's comforting words and hugs.

When we arrived inside, Charlie and Daniel sat in the Livingroom eating pizza and playing video games. They called us over and invited us to eat and play with them. We joined in, hesitantly on my part, but the longer we sat there, the more at home I began to feel because they weren't acting toxic like I thought they would, they were being nice to me. I still felt on edge, but for right now I pushed that feeling down so that I could at least get some enjoyment out of this time.

================================================================================

(990 words)

( ☢ !!! PLEASE READ IMPPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!! ☢ )

WOO HOO!!! NEW CHAPTER AND GASLIGHTING!!!! Yeah, I know y'all probably expected a chapter like this since I teased that Daniel was bad, but I promise you he will get his redemption arc for those of y'all who like him. Anyway, if you have any ideas about this story that you wanna share feel free. I always love hearing back from you guys! It makes my day when y'all comment or follow!

I also have a big announcement!!!! I HAVE A DISCORD SERVER AND NEW SOCIALS!!!! YAY!!!
If you want to follow me on any of my other socials they will be shown in my bio on my Wattpad page, and if you want to join the discord you can see it in my bio or use this link: 

https://discord.gg/Sux7ap2E

Anyway back to your usually scheduled authors note!

I know at the time of writing this I am not that popular on this platform. I tend to be slightly inactive and don't have an upload schedule for any of my books.

I sometimes lack motivation and I just sometimes lose any willpower to write a book that I am no longer connected to. I also tend to delete some books and chapters that I don't like so that sometimes affects what others think about me as an author. So to those who have read this thank you for your understanding and for being so patient, I appreciate it.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thank you all for reading and if you enjoyed please consider following. It lets us know that you enjoy the content that I write. Don't forget to share, vote, comment, follow all my new socials (found in my bio), and JOIN MY NEW DISCORD (link above and in bio)! It helps me out a ton! Thank you for your support!

I love all of you to bits and I will see ya when I see ya! Have a good day/night/afternoon! BUH BYE!!!

- TheBenchSimp (I don't simp for the trio, I simp for the bench)