"How much time do I get to make my decision?"

Stephen looked a little surprised that the tour hadn't completely convinced you, but spoke up, "I've already extended my deadline once, we're late with the business period. You are a really brilliant professional, but there are many of those in Manhattan alone. I need to make an announcement about my new manager at the Expo this weekend."

"So I have until tomorrow night?"

Stephen nodded, and you bit the inside of your cheek, looking back at the contract.

In the end, Natasha was right, you would rather go home and think before making a decision about this.

–//–

"Aunt Monica!" The chorus of excited exclamations from her equally energized sons upon seeing the other woman and running to hug her made Wanda smile fondly.

Monica still had her stethoscope around her neck, but she was already in regular clothes, and she bent down to hug the boys, greeting them with a smile and kissing them on the head.

Wanda moved closer to hug her friend briefly as well.

"Hello, dear, good afternoon." She greeted receiving a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi Sweetie, you look tired." Monica commented making Wanda shrug.

"You too." She replied with a smile, her hands busy with shopping bags for dinner. The twins hurry to open the gate to Monica's house and rush inside.

"I was doing one last check with Mom." She counters with a sigh, giving way for Wanda to enter first.

The Rambeau residence is one of the coziest places Wanda knows. And even though in recent years it has gained some medical artifacts because of the health condition of Maria - Monica's mother, of whom her daughter assists in the care - it is still a favorite place for Wanda to visit.

"And how is she?" Wanda asked received a sigh from her friend.

"Weak, but she's having dinner with us." Monica replied, now they were already in the living room. She picked up one of the bags and took it to the kitchen. "What are we having, by the way?"

Wanda smiled. "A surprise. Come on, check the kids for me please, before they start pushing buttons they shouldn't. I'll take care of the food."

Monica nodded but held up a finger in warning, "Don't even try to divert the subject tonight, Miss Maximoff. I want to know all about your secret girlfriend."

Wanda laughed, her cheeks slightly warm as she took the groceries out of the bags and placed them on the counter. "I wouldn't dream of it, Miss Rambeau."

While Monica went to check on the kids, Wanda was busy making dinner for everyone. Humming softly, she lost her cell phone vibrating inside her purse.

Sometime later, when the food had already been consumed, and Wanda was laughing softly at her best friend's last comment, she found herself under the analytical gaze of two of the most important women in her life.

"Wanda, dear, Monica mentioned that you are seeing someone." It was Maria who initiated this topic in the conversation. She had a somewhat tired appearance, although the smile never left her lips. Only she didn't have a glass of wine, and Wanda raised her eyes to the living room where the twins were sitting on the carpet - sharing dessert and the video game control - before clearing her throat, and replying.

"I am." She said feeling her cheeks warm, from the alcohol or something else, she couldn't tell.

"That's lovely, dear. What are they like?" The older woman asked, and Wanda wanted to pinch Monica for the insinuating look she was throwing her way past the glass of wine, but just decided to keep the conversation going.