Chapter 2; Over the years

Reader's POV

   My parents will not stop arguing. Ever since We moved, there was a lot of tension between Mom and Dad. Dad thinks when school starts back up that I should go to an all human school. Dad didn't hate monsters back at our old place, hell, he didn't hate PJ when I was friend with him when we were little, so I don't know what made him change so much. Mom thinks that we should move back to our old town, that way I can see some old friends of mine. Dad then started to yell at Mom, telling her she was stupid to think that we should move back. He goes out late every night, and comes back home drunk. Those were the worst times, and the main times both him and Mom would argue...

   I looked at the bracelet PJ made me when we were little. I miss him... I wonder how he's doing.. "(Y/n), are you ready to go?" I heard Mom from downstairs. "Almost, I'll be down in a minute." I grabbed my phone, headphones, and sketchbook. My parents and I were going to visit my aunt. We all got in the car, but Dad was driving. I felt my heart drop. I took a deep breath, maybe it'll be ok...

   Halfway through the ride, Dad took out a flask. Mom tried to make him stop drinking it, but he slapped her. The car started to swerve and we were coming up on a red light and fast.

"DAD! THE BRA-"

CRASH!!!!